Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ECO 40m vertical Help

Reviews Summary for ECO 40m vertical
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $599
Description: Quarter wave aluminum vertical with 1 radial. You can add more radials.
Height: 10,2 m
Power: 2 kW
SWR: 1:1,2
Radial: 11 m
More info: http://www.ecoantenne.it/

You can write your own review of the ECO 40m vertical.

DH4SC Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2009 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna for the buck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have this antenna for 3 weeks now. Only worked with dipoles before. This vertical outperforms every antenna I know. It´s fullsize design is perfect to get in DX on 40m. The antenna is easy to set up and the SWR is low in a range of 600khz. I added 2 extra radials and got abot 30 new countries on 40m in these 3 weeks! No problem to get stations in south america or japan, even australia is no problem anymore.
I think there´s no better antenna for this price.
Great deal!!!

PD2R Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2007 14:14 Send this review to a friend
verry good price-quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna a couple of weeks ago for just € 89,-. Given the price I didn't expect much of it but wen I received the antenna I was pleasantly supprised. It looked far better then I expected.
The first time I put it up was during the IOTA contest. The holes for the screws didn't perfectly match but it was close enough, no drilling was necessary. We calculated the correct length for our desired frequencie (71,5 : freq in MHz) and adjusted the tip for that length. After that we put it up on a steel pipe driven into the ground. Because of strong wind conditions we guyed it by simply attaching 3 pieces of wire with a tyrap half way up the antenna. After that it didn't move at all.
The antenna comes with only 1 radial but for optimal preformance it’s best to use a lot more. We attached another 12 quarter wave radials in addition to the one already on the antenna.
We checked the SWR and it was as good as it can get. We set the antenna for 7,075 and it was almost spot on. Moving up or down the band, the SWR never got to a unacceptable level.
During the contest it performed verry well.
This is simply a good antenna but the price-quality makes it a solid 5.