Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | KLM 6M-14 Help

Reviews Summary for KLM 6M-14
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $599
Description: 14 Element 6 meter yagi.Boom length 61┤6Ę. Longest element:9┤10ĘTurning radius 22┤Weight:60Lbs.Boom diameter 3Ę.

You can write your own review of the KLM 6M-14.

XE1VE3OQC Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2007 07:18 Send this review to a friend
14 Dbd + Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I built this antenna only because the price of importing the M2 6M11JKV (69┤boom) was astronomical,after shipping and duties it would be well over $2000 U.S.and seeing that neither my wife nor I did not want to spend upwards of two grand for an antenna I felt this was the easiest and healthiest route to go.
The cost of materials including the boom truss and U bolts amounted to a little more than $220 which was acceptable,material is cheap here in Mexico.I have had the manual for this since the late 70┤s but never did anything with it because of the size.
There is a field in back of my house that gave me the space to assemble this monster without having to drag it to the roof.After assembling the truss which is a part of the boom to mast plate,I then proceeded to the elements and using the dimensions from the manual for the driven element I set the ĘTĘbars as per the manual.
Okay, now to set it up on a tilt over mast (old drill casings) and raise it up,this went well at twenty feet the VSWR was 1.1:1@ 50.150! I then had the transmitter from my home (.5 kilometers) used as a reference and to say the least the forward gain and front to side was as specified.
Not having a complete test facility I did the best I could but compared to my 617-6B it has about 3dbd more gain than the 617.
When it comes time to put this on the tower I will assemble this in the front of the house and use a bucket lift to put it on the tower.

Mike did a great job with this antenna back then, I only wish that the cost of importing wasn┤t so high.If M2 had antennas available here this is the way I would have gone.

See you on 6!