Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Wilson Creek Antennas BB3KA antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Wilson Creek Antennas BB3KA antenna
Wilson Creek Antennas  BB3KA antenna Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The BB3KA antenna is a trapped inverted "v" for 80/40/and 20 meters. (Will work other frequencies with a tuner)
Will take the legal limit DESIGNED TO FIT ON A SMALL CITY LOT. Over-all length is 100 feet. (50 feet on each side) Feed it with your coax. Center has an SO239 connector.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Wilson Creek Antennas BB3KA antenna.

N5JBD Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2009 19:18 Send this review to a friend
This one rocks!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After finally moving to a country QTH I can play with real antennas without HOA woes.

Needing to work 40 and 80 meters I purchased the BB3KA from Wilson Creek Antennas with the 160m add on.

John and Dan were great to work with and they cut the antenna to the PSK frequencies at my request. They got it dead on AND with a tuner it workes 10 to 160 meters like a champ.

I installed the antenna at 40' as an inverted vee. My first contact was the Midway Island DX group on 17m SSB !!!!

If you want a quality antenna at a fair price take a close look at the BB3KA, the workmanship is outstanding.

My next wire antenna will be the Wilson Creek 17 Delta Loop!

Terry
N5JBD

FORMER_K0PD Rating: 4/5 Apr 27, 2009 09:00 Send this review to a friend
OK Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a update to a previous review of this antenna. Since i last wrote the makers of the Antenna have bent over back wards to try and help me with the failure of the antenna at my qth. Like i said in a previous article the antenna works great but just did not stand up in my western Kansas winds. The ladder line used in it's construction just captures too much wind. As any one knows who has lived or visited western Kansas knows that winds exceeding 50mph day and night for days at a time is not uncommon in western Kansas.My suggestion is do not let my experience stop you from buying the antenna as my experience may well be unique.It really hears well and transmit well and my radios internal tuners liked it and Dan is every bit a responsible person to do business with.

W5VFO Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2009 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Works For Me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted 80M CW and Dan sent me the extra wire. I got it tuned for 80 CW and worked JAs, ZLs VKs in the mornings and EU in the evenings during the last CW DX contest. I sure worked a lot of 80 meters DX with 100 watts; plus it handled a KW easily. Works great on 40M too.

W1LVL Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2008 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Works good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved antenna and put it up this past Saturday. Works good on 75,40,20, and 17 as advertized. Thanks

KE5SPD Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2008 10:22 Send this review to a friend
I am testing a new antenna for wilson creek and it is awsome.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a new design of inverted vee thats total length is just under 100 feet. It is great for small yards. The one I am using has the 15/17/20/40/80 meter bands and only has 2 traps. My receive is the best I have ever had and the transmit is super. I have talked all over Europe/Mexico/United States. This is a must have dipole.

KY5DM Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 18:42 Send this review to a friend
WILSON CREEK ANTENNAS BB3KA  Time owned: more than 12 months
Check them out at: http://wilsoncreekantennas.com/home

I have used one now for several months and it has worked great. Lots of contacts.
My BB3KA is at 40 feet on the highest point.
They sold out at HAMCOM 2007. All the buyers are very happy with them. Beta testers report clean receive and very good transmit. Dan KY5DM

K5ZBY Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 07:17 Send this review to a friend
80 /40 /20 dipople antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought mine at HAMCOM in Dallas. I talked to John and Dan about this antenna before I bought it. A couple of real great hams that are very helpful. Anyhow I took it home threw it up in the air and made several DX contacts all weekend. If you use a tuner (I have a Dentron MT-2000A) 15 works great as well.
Can't wait for the propagation to improve!