Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | LOG-EQF ver 9.06 Help

Reviews Summary for LOG-EQF ver 9.06
LOG-EQF ver 9.06 Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Very good - but
More info: http://www.itis.net/eqf

You can write your own review of the LOG-EQF ver 9.06.

YS1EJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2001 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Works on Win 2000  Time owned: more than 12 months
There is not much I can add to this reviews, I have version 9.25 now and one thing I liked very much is how easy is to work with the program. Great support by e-mail also.

Another plus thing is that I'm using Windows 2000 now and the program runs perfectly on it. Had some problems with programs for Windows 95, but not with EQF logger. (even some did not want to run at all)

Keep on the good work.

One wish thing: To be available for the linux platform also ;)

WW3S Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2001 14:01 Send this review to a friend
One of the best !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started using EQF somewhere around 1991 when I got back into Ham radio. I started registering somewhere around ver 7 and and been a happy user ever since. Originally ran under DOS but now run under WIN95 with no problems whatsoever. I have rig control enabled for a TS850, one com port to the KAM for rtty and connect to the cluster via Telnet or and also one LPT port for printing and another runs a cw keyer. Tom has been very receptive to any idea and in my opinion really values the customer. I have imported contest logs from CT, NA, WF1B for RTTY and ADIF formats all without a glitch. I have around 24,000 qsos in there now and can sort by any field in a very short time on my 200mhz Pentium. If there is anything negative to say its that sometimes there are so many features there its hard to get to some without going through submenus. I think since I originally registered I've pd 10 bucks each for 2 major upgrades. I don't know what it costs now ( 45-50??) but I cant imagine finding a program with more features and such solid support at a cheaper price. No connection with Tom, just a very satisified user. 73 Jamie WW3S

N6JSX Rating: 4/5 Dec 25, 2000 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Very good - but  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my choice for a Logging program, but I'm a little disappointed with EQF.

I given him numerous requests to improve the packet DX Cluster filtering area of the program - to give users improved filtering options in EQF and additional macro keys for DX Cluster user profile programming !!! The new user filter options of the DX Cluster can constitute very long typed strings of data!!!!

His focus seems to only be centered around creating log formats for every type of contest that HAMdom continues to create.

I've not yet used the HF rig control part of the progam but will shortly.

He sure puts out upgrade patches about one every three weeks. EQF does not send update emails to paid users so you must log in, remember what version you are currently at, download the new patch and don't forget the prefix file, then update your program yourself. The new prefix should be part of the patch exploding zip file.

I've used EQF on both 2m VHF packet DX cluster and Internet connected DX Cluster and it works well. The Internet setup is a lil tricky at first but once you have it figured out it is smooooooth and faaaaaaaaaaast!

I plan to stick it out with this program, and hope for the Cluster filter improvements but one significant plus to this program is the program can go both directions WIN or DOS! A 4.5/5
73, Kuby, N6JSX

AA1OL Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2000 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Simple elegance  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had to throw some more kind words onto the pile:-)

I've been running Log-EQF since version 7.? or so and have not had one lick of trouble. Forget fancy Pentium III computers and Windows. Snag that 486 that is being thrown away, take it home, load up Log-EQF and enjoy complete and reliable computer logging and shack control. Spend your money on radios and antennas, not computers and bloated software.

Managing your log is the least of what it does. Controls, your rig, rotates your antenna, does packet, prints QSLs, CD searches; and everything is customizable. Or use it straight out of the box with it's defaults and it's good to go. And it runs on old reliable (bullet-proof IMHO) DOS.

And if that's not enough, Tom Dandrea is there and waiting for your questions. I've only dealt with him by email, but always get quick responses and solid support.

Thanks so much for your product, Tom. If only you made HF rigs :-)

N2PR Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2000 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works Great I have been using Log-EQF for a couple of years without a problem. I also used WJ2O Master QSO Logging program but I always had problems with it. I will be using LOG-EQF only and uninstalling WJ2O from my computer. Tom's product support is the best.

N7VN Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2000 00:13 Send this review to a friend
Its great,so simple yet so powerful.  Time owned: unknown months
I have been useing LOG-EQF for years and it just keeps getting better.Look behind the software to see why it is so good,there is only one TOM.Keep it up Tom..........Chuck

Anonymous Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2000 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Absolute satisfaction  Time owned: unknown months
I've used Log-EQF in non-contest operations for years from various DX spots. I used another program before becoming a Log-EQF convert during my 9L1US days. Tom has been quick to implement requested changes, additions and updates to the program since my QSL manager also uses the program in issuing cards.

The guy on the other end of the pileup when you worked 9L1US, A22MN, OH2 and OH0/K8MN and 5H3US uses Log-EQF.

WO6T Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2000 00:45 Send this review to a friend
THIS LOG PROGRAM GETS BETTER EVERY YEAR  Time owned: unknown months
20,000 QSO IN 4 YEARS I THINK IT IS THE BEST FOR FOR LOGING, CT MAY BE GOOD FOR CONTEST,
LOOK OUT FOR LOGING PROGRAMS THAT ARE DOS ONLY
=== WO6T Mickey ====

KG8DP Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2000 22:08 Send this review to a friend
LOG-EQF Best Program & Service  Time owned: unknown months
Tom Dandrea N3EQF has a great program. As many hams are so concerned about keeping a computer log, managing a dx-station, tracking awards, being a qsl manager (with the logs & able to convert log programs) the latest version has it all. From being a computer bumpkin or an "official," the program has all the moves & support. The program is good. but the program is only as good as the support. Tom is a great man on answering FAQ via e-mail & specific questions. If you wish to search my backround, please do so at

You will see the kinda of folks that make dx possible. My call is KG8DP Best regards

KF6KOW Rating: 3/5 Sep 20, 1999 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Log EQF For MARS and Other Applications  Time owned: unknown months
I have been using EQF in my station for over a year and I have never seen such a "Bug Free" program. I recently upgraded to ver. 9, and I impressed with it. To have the ability to create any type of log you want and customize it, and how it effortlessly works with my Kenwood TS-570D, QRZ Disc, and KAM PLUS is great. I have CW, Digital, VHF, SSB, and MARS logs, which I use depending on the operating mode. The support from Tom is always BEYOND OUTSTANDING, whenever I have a question or a problem. I highly recommend this software to any amateur looking for a great logging program.