Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter
Radio Shack 21-534  CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $$49.99
Description: This power meter allows you to tune your Ham or other amateur radio system to perform at its best. Its standing wave ratio (SWR) function helps you trim your antenna to the precise length that produces the maximum transmit power. Use it's power meter function to measure your radio's peak envelope power (PEP) or average power.

* Displays SWR measurements to help you get maximum power from your radio
* Measures your radio's peak envelope power (PEP) or average power.
* Three power ranges: 20W, 200W and 2,000W
* 3-30 MHz operation frequency range
* Analog meter display
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036239&cp=&sr=1&origkw=SWR&kw=swr&parentPage=search

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter.

KN0JI Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2016 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Currently use this as my primary HF station meter, and it seems to work well for the price.

KC3BBI Rating: 1/5 Jul 20, 2016 22:36 Send this review to a friend
works on CB band and 10M only  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 21-533 and am not impressed at all. The meter is good for swr and field strength for cb only. It will work on 10 and 11 meters. It will not work properly on any band outside 10-11 meters without very incorrect readings. The field strength works only around the same bands. I would not recommend this meter for anything other than a cheap swr meter. There is very little to it inside. The meter only uses a display, three diodes, one cap and a few resistors. That is all there is to it.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 21:11 Send this review to a friend
If I can find mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice meter I bought many years ago. It works as expected.......I wish I could find mind and use it again. Well, might have sold it......

I especially liked using it for QRp. Good meter movement.

Cheers All

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Surprisingly fairly accurate readings. Picked one up in a package deal and great to have in line for quick visual output readings. Contrary to the sales literature, it is not a true peak reading meter. You need an active circuit for that. A simple capacitor holds the meter reading a little longer than average. Don't be duped. But for what they are, it's a steal.

N5STT Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Very good for the price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nothing special to add to previous comments.

I bought it new for $40 as my first SWR/Power meter and so far I'm very satisfied with it. I totally suggest it to new hams who have limited budget or just don't want to spend too much money on a new meter.

It's very small and light, a good choice for mobile use.

KJ6MEV Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 23:33 Send this review to a friend
nice little meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For 20 bucks on ebay I got a very good swr meter and a power meter that does great on high power readings. Low power readings are a little on the low end but that's not a big deal really. It's the high readings that are important so I don't fry my gear. It's an awesome piece of equipment for the money. I don't run more than 500 watts through it so it meets my needs for an everyday, dependable, inexpensive meter.

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2013 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Surprising accuracy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had 2 of these in use, off and on, for at least 8 years.
Both came from eBay.
Radio Shack is force of nature. Despite their giving up on most
ham stuff (and the notorious RS coax that you purchase in a pinch on a leap of faith), their SWR meter is a survivor.
It has beaten back the forces of obsolescence.
I've run comparisons with both my Bird wattmeter and my
nice OHR qrp meter. This RS meter is quite accurate if you've got a decent eye for analog interpolations, even with qrp measurements. They are everywhere on eBay these days.
For this meter, I gotta give Radio Shack props.

W4KVW Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2010 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Works OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This meter works OK for me.They could have added some REFERENCE numbers on the lower 20 watt scale but there are NONE? The 2000 watt scale was a SUPRISE feature.A small LED for backlighting would have been a PLUS as well.NOT a BIRD but something to keep inline for quick wattage & SWR references & EASY to operate without a manual.

W3IH Rating: 4/5 Jun 23, 2010 10:20 Send this review to a friend
Great for Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought one of these and as soon as I got home with it I put it in series with my Bird 43 to check accuracy. I found it pretty accurate except on the 0-200 watt scale. So I opened it up and adjusted the pot on the rear of the front panel for the 0-200 watts cal to the same as my Bird and now it is pretty accurate on all scales. I see 1200 watts out of my Clipperton-L. Because I had to do this is why I gave it a 4. But for less than $50 it is a steal. And love that it will measure both average and PEP power.

KR4GX Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2010 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Awesome for what it's meant to be  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm seeing a lot of 4's in there and I'm not sure why. C'mon guys, it is what it is. A small portable meter that's stunningly accurate. No it's not a $400 Daiwa. I'm happy to say I've owned three of these gems and they're all within a watt of each other. I think people are giving it a 4 because it's not lighted, auto calibrating or auto scaling...or gold plated. It's a FIVE to me!