Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter
Radio Shack 21-534  CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $$49.99
Description: This power meter allows you to tune your Ham or other amateur radio system to perform at its best. Its standing wave ratio (SWR) function helps you trim your antenna to the precise length that produces the maximum transmit power. Use it's power meter function to measure your radio's peak envelope power (PEP) or average power.

* Displays SWR measurements to help you get maximum power from your radio
* Measures your radio's peak envelope power (PEP) or average power.
* Three power ranges: 20W, 200W and 2,000W
* 3-30 MHz operation frequency range
* Analog meter display
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036239&cp=&sr=1&origkw=SWR&kw=swr&parentPage=search

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 21-534 CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter.

KD4VLF Rating: 4/5 Mar 10, 2010 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned mine for a couple of years. Its used daily for both QRP and QRO ops, both in the shack and portable. its pretty accurate and fairly inexpensive. A good choice for a new ham and those of us on a limited budget.

KU4UV Rating: 4/5 Sep 14, 2008 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned several of the Radio Shack SWR meters. I have the stand alone SWR meter, and also the SWR/Power meter. Back in 1989, my twin brother and I had the Micronta SWR meter that Radio Shack sold when we were into CB'ing. We have since wised up, and now my brother and I are both Extra class ham operators. Other than having to clean the potentiometer contacts on the Micronta meter, it still works as great as it did almost 20 years ago. I would say the Radio Shack meters are a good item to have around, and a relatively inexpensive station tool. While they will never replace a Bird Wattmeter, they get the job done!

KI6RSE Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2008 14:46 Send this review to a friend
GREAT MOBILE OR BACKUP METER  Time owned: more than 12 months
I MAKE IT A POINT TO KEEP A COUPLE OF THESE AROUND, QUITE ACCURATE FOR THERE PRICE, GREAT SIZE FOR THE MOBILE.USED BY ME FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS ON 10 AND 11 METER AND PASSABLE ACCURACY ON ALL POWER RANGES(PEAK READING ALSO).SWR IS PLENTY CLOSE ENOUGH TO CALIBRATE EQUIPMENT OR LET YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. I HAVE NOTICED THE ONES LABELED MICRONTA APPEAR TO BE A LITTLE MORE STURDY BUILT THAN THE RADIO SHACK LABELED ONES, ALL IN ALL CANT COMPLAIN AND WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP ONE ON HAND.

NT9M Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2008 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Serves its purpose  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't believe I would make this my primary station power/SWR meter, but for an inexpensive meter it fills the bill.

I teamed mine with an old Tempo 2020 to give me some relative indication of power and provide an SWR measurement, since this old radio doesn't have that function included.

The SWR measurement seems to track close to the built in meters of my modern radios when compared on the same antennas.

VR2XMQ Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2008 03:38 Send this review to a friend
I cannot complain.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought two of these new, still in the box for $10.oo for the pair. One was labelled Radio Shack and the other Techcessories. They are exactly alike except for the silk screen printing.

I use one for my Radio Shack Ten Meter SSB mobile and the other is sitting around as spare.

Never tried the 200 or 2000 watt ranges so cannot comment. The low power range appears to be on the ball. However I do not trust the PEP reading so live by the AVG. readings.

Steve, VR2XMQ / VR10XMQ

DBHOST Rating: 4/5 Aug 10, 2007 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Good value. Gives same results as more expensive meters.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pros. Gives same meter results as Para Dynamics and Micronta models. (I believe this meter may be made by Micronta, R.S. has a history of rebadging Micronta meters...).

This meter has an analog dial display with smooth sweeping needles, easy calibration, and a very clear instruction manual. As far as measurement goes, it has been tested by myself and a friend of mine on 10, 11, and 12M against the mentioned meters, and it appears accurate on both SWR and power.

This meter could use a battery compartment to power some backlighting as it is hard to see in the dark.