Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Milestone Technologies CUP-36 2.4A Switching Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Milestone Technologies CUP-36 2.4A Switching Power Supply
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Small, 13.5VDC, 2.4A switching power supply with 90-264VAC input. Has EMI filtering, overvoltage protection, and overcurrent protection. Size: 0.79" x 1.97" x 4.33"
More info: http://www.mtechnologies.com/cup/

You can write your own review of the Milestone Technologies CUP-36 2.4A Switching Power Supply.

K6USN Rating: 2/5 Jun 2, 2008 09:00 Send this review to a friend
RF Hash  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I wanted to like this power supply. It is small, easy to pack, and ran my FT 817 to the full 5 watts. I bought 3 of them. The problem is the switching hash. It is pervasive and lingered on despite all my grounding and ferrite choke attempts. The problem I suspect is in the two pronged plug. No grounding prong. Using an outside antenna, it was able to get by okay, but any indoor antenna (even on 2M FM) was wall to wall hash. This precluded my hotel room operations with the FT 817.
Recommendation: Look at the GAMMA Research HPS-1. It solved all my portable p/s problems and even powered my 100W IC 7000.
K6USN / E51USN