Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT 755 Magnet Tension Single Lever Paddle, Brass edition. Help

Reviews Summary for CT 755 Magnet Tension Single Lever Paddle, Brass edition.
CT 755 Magnet Tension Single Lever Paddle, Brass edition. Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $105
Description: The professional hand crafted design features mirror like brass polish, double silver contacts fully adjustable magnet tension mechanism all bearings and a personalised paddle tag including country of manufacturing, paddle type and serial number. The paddle is fully adjustable, magnet tension can be adjusted with the weight ratio of 3 to 30 gramms. The paddle weighs a hefty 1.4 kg with the base measuring 100 x 90 x 46 mm. The paddle has a long lead terminated with the 2 universal adapters to suit virtually any radio.
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT 755 Magnet Tension Single Lever Paddle, Brass edition..

ZL2KE Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic! Solid, Smooth, and Beautifully Made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The feel of this paddle when sending CW with this paddle has exceeded my expectations. It is very smooth and stays on my desk without moving around, without the need of double sided tape securing it. I bought this as a gift to myself, celebrating 51 years as a cw op, and gaining membership in the CW OPS club.

The CT-755 comes in either brass or chrome. I chose chrome after sending several emails to hams who had a brass paddle or key (made by UR5CDX or other suppliers). The conclusion was that even in a dry climate brass WILL tarnish and lose the beautiful golden glow. One ham said that he has to take apart his paddle once a year or more to polish it; this I did not want to bother with! The chrome finish does look very good and I am very please with my choice of chrome (see the pics on my QRZ page). I also chose a single paddle as I do like to TX at 25 wpm and plan for higher speeds.

The quality of engineering is as perfect as can be. I cannot see any imperfections or flaws in the chrome finish. The CT-755 does not have ball bearings (like the double paddles that Yuri makes) because they are not needed with the overall lighter mechanism.

Yuri's English is good and he promptly replied to several of my emails, and he did this in a friendly and professional manner, which counts a lot in my book. I was concerned with the political/military situation in Ukraine but the city where Yuri lives is not affected by the unrest so his business is OK.

The paddle arrived in 11 days - all the way to New Zealand. Yuri sent Order Updates and included a tracking number. Never have I seen ANY item packaged so well! The package probably could have been thrown from a rooftop without damaging the paddle!

In conclusion: If you really want to spend double or more then get the overpriced Italian or USA fancy paddles, but I doubt that you would find them to be any better when sending CW. I disagree with NU7T's review below as I do have a single lever Kent paddle and the CT-755 is much better! So if you want a top quality paddle, treat yourself and get this paddle! (Or other ones made by UR5CDX).

N2HO Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Perfect paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found this paddle by an incident, searching for something on eBay. After I read some reviews I decided to give it a try, since the price also appeared affordable to me. And Iím glad I did. The paddle arrived quickly as promised, it was exceptionally well packed, protected against shipping abuse. Itís carefully manufactured, high precision machine, I was not able to detect any imperfections or misfit parts. I ordered chrome plated variant, all parts have mirror-like shine and will not fade. Adjustments are in wide range and very smooth, both for contacts space and tension. The paddle came with attached cable terminated with 1/4" phone plug. Also, this paddle is heavy, has rubber feet and appears very stable on the desk.

This single lever paddle is just perfect for my style and I could recommend this product wholeheartedly for all amateurs who love CW.

NU7T Rating: 4/5 Oct 18, 2007 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Its shiny and works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It arrived exactly on the promised day, well packaged and in good order. It is mirrored finished except for two zinc appearing screws. Two of the adjusting screws are phillips head, two are slot head and two are thumb screws. The magnets cover a wide range of adjustment. I paid $85 plus shipping from Asia. It is priced right. For about $30 more, you could buy the smoother, far superior Kent single paddle.

W5IQS Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2007 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to set up. Magnetic bias gives smooth feel and allows for very close contact spacing. This is NOT an iambic paddle but is an actual dual function key. One set of contacts make dots the other set makes dashes. It has only one paddle and works very well.

Mine is Chrome Plated not Brass finish. It is very attractive and will not tarnish.

W7MDM Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2007 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great side swipe key!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A beautifully made, easy to set up and use key. I find side swiping much easier to do. Works with and without a keyer. So smooth it makes you sound good from day one. A well made product for the price.