Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Quicksilver Window Feed Through Coax plate Help

Reviews Summary for Quicksilver Window Feed Through Coax plate
Quicksilver Window Feed Through Coax plate Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30-50
Description: No hole feed through for coax
More info: http://www.qsradio.com

You can write your own review of the Quicksilver Window Feed Through Coax plate.

ARCH Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Genius!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this for years now and it works great. I highly recommend you buy this one instead of some copy.

KE5LDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this installed for over 2 years. Due to Hurrican IKe, had to make a minor mod, since it broke the window. Due to shifting the balance of windows with 100+ mph winds, had to reseal them with canned insulation. Other than that, the original stripping still works. Plus, it is cheaper than MFJ's. Attaway.Quicksilver!!!

WDX7DBG Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Simple, brilliant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd been using a homebrew panel I'd made from a strip of wood, but no matter what I did, it was drafty as could be - especially in the winter. I sprung for one of these on Ebay and I couldn't be happier. I stuck a thin piece of weatherstripping around all 4 sides before I installed it, then another over the slot that adjusts the width. Gone are the drafts, gone is the traffic noise from outside. Simple, inexpensive, elegant, functional.

ARCH Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2007 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant Idea  Time owned: more than 12 months
The guy who thought this up is really smart. Just open the window, put the plate in the opening and then close the window. It could not be easier. The folks at Quicksilver Radio have some other neat products too. Take a look at their website.

K3MOV Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2007 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Easy install, does the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had mine for over a year before I installed it. (Frankly, I put it in the closet and forgot about it.) When my wife saw it installed, she was ready to crown me (with a club, not with a crown). Before I installed the Quicksilver product, she stuffed everything but the kitchen sink in the holes and gaps to keep the cold air out. After I put it in and told her how long I had it stored away, she couldn't believe how much cold air I had needlessly let in with my primitive, previous setups. I have the four SO 239 model and can't say enough good things about it!!

KE5LDO Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2007 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a much better system than wood. It uses a Lexan@ type material with a slotted screw in a channel for adjustment. It come in 2 different sizes for windows. You have a choice of 2, 4, or custom inputs. Standard inputs are BNC or SO239 connections. You can mix and match these. I have used this for almost a year. I have not noticed any increase in utility bills or loss of heat or cooling. The slot can be covered with stick on weather stripping. These can also be painted if desired. They can be removed if you decide to move it to another window or if you sell the house. Also, no increase in outside noise. Best of all, no holes in the walls.