Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTBVX3 Help

Reviews Summary for FTBVX3
FTBVX3 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15
Description: VX-3R/E software for memory management
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftbvx3.htm

You can write your own review of the FTBVX3.

G4EDR Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2012 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Easy To Use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yes, you can program the VX-3 without any software but it's so much easier and fun to do with the FTBVX3 from Bob. Everything is there on tabs which you just select, even the special memories (Marine, SW BC etc). It's also very easy to manage the memory banks as well. Bob was very quick to email the registration key. I also purchased a USB cable which was sent by return of mail. I've also used Bob's FTB7800 program as well.

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2010 17:14 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Used this software on Win 7 netbook and with ttl2usb CT-2 USB interface to program my VX-3. No glitches. Took the amount of time needed to download the ttl2usb drivers and the FTBVX3 program. At $15, the latter is very fairly priced. Works as advertised, excellent documentation.

KC6UQG Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2009 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding features, simplicity and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
Incredibly easy to program. So convenient to update the radio with new frequencies or amended operating profiles.

It's a "must have" for this radio.

I bought a programming cable on eBay and had difficulties with it. When I sent an email note to Bob, he turned it around immediately with a list of possible solutions.

Unbelievable customer service and a top notch product at a fantastic price.

If Bob writes a programming software for your radio, you need that software to make programming easy, flexible and enjoyable.

If it sounds like I'm a happy customer, that's because I am.

I have used Bob's software for about a year with multiple changes to my radio frequency list and menu settings.

I can't imagine "dialing in" a channel name with the rotary encoder on the VX-3. Bob's software makes every aspect to easy.

I love the radio; it goes with me everywhere...and it's infinitely more usable with the programming I've done with Bob Freeth's software.

Chris Boyer
San Diego, CA

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2008 00:05 Send this review to a friend
VERY Good Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the FTBVX3 software and it made programming ~150 memory channels in my VX-3R a cinch. The software is very well laid out and is a steal for a mere $18.50.

Additionally, I must say that the support offered by Bob, G4HFQ was absolutely phenomenal. We exchanged several emails to fix a problem with my DIY programming cable. The VX3R is a pretty sensitive to the voltage of the programmer (must be between 3.6 - 3.8VDC) and I was getting radio ID errors until the value of a resistor on the board was corrected (my Serial to USB adaptor did not provide enough voltage).

Overall, I'd highly recommend this software based on its usefulness and the support by the software's author.

KR3DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2007 19:05 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob has done it again! I downloaded the program and submitted my payment for the license key. I checked my e-mail a few minutes later and the key was already there. I read the "template" from the radio, imported the .csv files from my FTB7800 program, did a little editing on the files, and uploaded them to the VX3. NO problems, NO glitches, NO hassles, this is another fantastic piece of work by G4HFQ,this program is absolutely worth several times the asking price of US $18.50! Everything is VERY clearly and cleanly laid out, all of the functions are intuitive, you won't need to consult the "help" files very often, if at all. Check the reviews of Bob's other software and you will see that he is a first class programmer. My computer is running Windows Vista and using a Keyspan USB to serial port adapter. I highly recommend this program, you need FTBVX3!!!!!

Denny