Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands
Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: Heavy Duty OCF Dipole antenna will give you 7 bands without an external tuner and 2 more the others cannot or don't recommend using an external tuner. Full Power anywhere on all bands 2KW CW/4KW PEP or 5KW CW/10KW PEP A great antenna for Emcomm portable applications too!
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ocf_dipole.htm

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands.

W7VI Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2014 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Inhave had my AS-OCF-2K dipole for about a year.
At 1st I had some problems with RF getting back into the system; but calling Array Solutions and explaining my problem it was resolved. I have the APEX up 80 feet and each leg about 40 feet up.
This Antenna has shock me at its performance! Its great I cannot believe the DX I am getting with this antenna and with only MAX. 100 watts. The only thing I have trouble with I can not tune 10 meters; but I have a vertical for that so no problem.
If you want a GREAT Antenna purchase this one; I hear stations I have not heard on my beam which I have taken down.
Tnx's
Array Solutions

WA0VY Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2014 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna for Tough Installations  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like everyone else, I was very impressed with the build quality and the service. Like a lot of people, I have limited real estate and zoning restrictions limit height and where I can go to tie off the ends. Complicating that, when I first installed it, the long run got caught in the higher branches of scraggly low tree, about 15 feet up is all. It still worked fine (worked N. Ireland and Japan with 10 watts SSB) but I knew it would work better if I could get it out of there and up. Finally got some help from a tree guy with a cherry picker, freed it and raised up to about 40 feet. WOW!

The moral of this story is that this antenna not a finicky Prima Donna. It will work in a lot of adverse circumstances and still give very good results. Highly recommended.

K5UX Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Rugged and works very well!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I, like many other hams that don't have a tower, was looking for a "compromise" antenna that would enable me to enjoy most of the HF bands. I purchased the Array Solutions OCF (2Kw CCS) model and have had zero issues with the antenna. After I installed the antenna, I wasn't happy with the SWR and called Array Solutions. Talked with Jay and he suggested that I put the ends up at least 15 feet off the ground, which resulted in a very acceptable SWR. The nice thing about the Array Solutions OCF is that is completely assembled, with no soldering or pruning required. In my particular case, I simply installed the antenna in the inverted "V" configuration that took less than 15 minutes. The antenna is suspended approximately 45 feet from a large live oak limb.

KA2WDV Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2013 19:46 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced your basic G5RV antenna with Array Solutions OCF Dipole and I can tell you it is an outstanding antenna. It works 80m-10m no problem at all. The SWR was never over 1.7 anywhere. The reception difference is amazing. This antenna has really impressed me. I talked to a guy in Russia with a 59 signal report from NY. It was easy to put up and the balun is built like a tank. No PVC plumbing parts here. I am very critical in putting money down. I want value. Let me tell you, This is worth every penny. When you open the box, this has HIGH QUALITY written all over it. I have this set up in an inverted V configuration. I just can't say enough about this. I had a very minor issue and called JAY at Array Solutions and he took care of everything. He is a great guy and they are there for their customer. What great customer service. It's all here folks, the quality, the customer service, the performance. GO GET ONE. you will be thrilled you did. This is like the difference between a 7watt nite light and a 150watt bulb. Well Done Array Solutions !

AD5QP Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2013 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Went to Array Solutions and purchased the 5k OCF dipole. Put up the next day as an inverted v at 60 feet. Works great. Will need a tuner to run high power, mostly as a safety device so I can track SWR to the amp... Signals are 20 to 40 over 9 on 75 meter nets. Would buy one again if I ever need another hf antenna.

W0SZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2013 15:51 Send this review to a friend
RUGGED, PLAYS WELL  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
FOR ARRL DX CONTEST FROM WYOMING WE CHANGED FROM GROUND MOUNTED VERTICAL TO ARRAY SOLUTIONS OFC DIPOLE ANTENNA FOR 40 AND 80 METERS. FINALLY WE WERE ABLE TO WORK THE STATIONS WE COULD HEAR WHICH HAS BEEN FRUSTRATING IN THE PAST. WE EXPERIENCED NO RFI AND THE TOKYO HP AND TUNER HAD NO PROBLEMS PUTTING OUT 1.5 KW ACROSS THE BANDS. OUR CONTEST GROUP WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE ANTENNA. IT WILL BE GOING UP NEXT YEAR.

KD5PDN Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2011 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Moving my review up to a 5.

Within 2 hours of my first review, an email from an Array Solutions technician offered assistance in my SWR challenges. I followed their suggestions and the answer popped up.

It turns out that a flat top on the long end is not the most efficient configuration for my installation.

An inverted V with a 120 degree angle offers the best performance for this OCF. I tested it in each configuration and the SWR improved in the inverted V configuration.

These engineers really care about their customers.

N4HE Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2011 11:33 Send this review to a friend
Two years in wind and salt, still going strong!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted a simple antenna to work all HF bands that would hold up in the high winds and corrosive environment at this seaside QTH. After using the Array Solutions AS-OCF-2K for about two years, am very pleased with its performance. I mounted the apex on a short mast of gray nonmetallic tubing at the peak of a garage roof, about 35 feet high, with the 45 foot leg to the house and the 90 foot leg to a wood post in the yard. The auto tuner in the Ten-Tec Omni VII tunes the OCF dipole on 80 thru 10, and also on 160. Have never tried it on 6. The price is currently listed as $259, same as 2 years ago. After a career in electronics and communications I decided to let someone else build the antenna! After experiencing the high quality and performance of the Array Solutions OCF dipole I would definitely purchase it again.

N4RSS Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2010 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Antenna stretched a bit due to the heat down here and after folding back the long leg by a bit, SWR as before.

Handles my new to me QRO-2500DX with no problem ;)

Note that this balun can handle up to 2kw CCS....CCS beats an ICAS/CW rating, let alone PEP

N5UTM Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2010 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent OCF Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Array Solutions 2KW OCF antenna to replace my G5RV dipole. My Hy-Power solid state amplifier did NOT like the G5RV. The Array OCF antenna mounted at 40' apex in an inverted V arrangement uses the finest materials and came with excellent instructions. If you want an OCF antenna that is constructed to military standards, you cannot go wrong with the Array Solutions OCF antenna system. It is working like a champ with my Flex-3000 and Tokyo Hy-Power amplifier!