Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands
Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: Heavy Duty OCF Dipole antenna will give you 7 bands without an external tuner and 2 more the others cannot or don't recommend using an external tuner. Full Power anywhere on all bands 2KW CW/4KW PEP or 5KW CW/10KW PEP A great antenna for Emcomm portable applications too!
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ocf_dipole.htm

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions OCF Dipoles - 7 + 2 extra bands.

N5UTM Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2010 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent OCF Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Array Solutions 2KW OCF antenna to replace my G5RV dipole. My Hy-Power solid state amplifier did NOT like the G5RV. The Array OCF antenna mounted at 40' apex in an inverted V arrangement uses the finest materials and came with excellent instructions. If you want an OCF antenna that is constructed to military standards, you cannot go wrong with the Array Solutions OCF antenna system. It is working like a champ with my Flex-3000 and Tokyo Hy-Power amplifier!

WA2QDI Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2008 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Overall one of the better OCF's  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I mostly build my own antennas and rarely buy. Most manufactures use way to much hype, vodoo and mumbo jumbo so I am very reluctant to buy. I use this for Ham and Mars operations on SSB. When I switched from a 1/2 wave dipole to the OCF I figured that my recieved signal would have droped but to my suprise the Mars stations thought I added an amp.It is in a flattop config.@35ft now but I am going to raise it and try it in an inverted V config. like recommended.Great bunch of people and only the best products, I'am a satisfied customer and will continue to buy from Array Solutions. Maybe I'll try the broadband array next and put the OCF in the go kit.

KF8RX Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2007 03:47 Send this review to a friend
No traps, a good choice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all the price shown above is wrong. It's now $259. Now many will feel this is a expensive. Yes you can build one for yourself for less but time is money! If you use a cheap balun, you could save even more. The bottom line is this, It works "out of the box".

The plot shown on the Array Solutions website shows 15 meters as unusable. This was not the case in my installation. All bands are tunable with the built in tuner in my Icom PW-1 amplifier or my Pro 3.

The highest SWR was at the top of the 75 meter, 40 meter and all the 15 meter band at 3:1. The bottom of 80, 40, and all of 20, 17, and 10 meters was 1.6:1 or less. The antenna can be shortened if required if you need a lower SWR on the top of 75 and 40 meters. 6 meters saw the SWR vary between 1.5 to 2.5:1.

As I said the auto tuner in the rig had no problem finding a match.

In an A/B comparison to my Carolina Windom, I would call it a draw.

My Carolina Windom was up for five years and survived several tropical storms and two near hurricanes. I suspect this antenna will do as well. I'm quite pleased with it.

If you want an all band wire antenna, this is a great choice!