Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MicroLog by WA0H Help

Reviews Summary for MicroLog by WA0H
MicroLog by WA0H Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $10
Description: Logging Software

The last year has been spent converting MicroLog from VisualBasic-6 to VisualBasic-2008 so it would work better on Vista and Windows-7.

During the process I added several new features: (1) You can choose which fields to display in the log table on the main screen. (2) You can choose from several different date formats. (3) You can freely rebuild (update) the US/Canadian callbook database for 1 year. (4) There are more ways to search the built-in US/Canadian callbook, such as by county. (5) You can replace the US map on the main screen with dx-spots from OH8X dxsummit. (6) Over 50 modes are now included such as, echolink, dstar, and psk-31. (7) Frequency can now be logged. (8) QCWA numbers are now included as well as 1010 numbers and Fist numbers. The program also contains a Field-Day module. The price of the program is still $10 (plus $2 for shipping).

More info: http://www.wa0h.com/

You can write your own review of the MicroLog by WA0H.

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2014 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Very Easy to use  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an inexpensive and very easy to use, it supports a multitude of radios, I can't say anything the other reviews state. I have had it for rive years and I have tried other logging software and they are complicated, not user friendly. This program has all the bells and whistles. I recommend this product and Jerry gives you his phone number so you get immediate answer to your question!

AF3Y Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 17:36 Send this review to a friend
SUPER Logger - 4 Years Now!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even after 4 years, I cant find anything to complain about. The price is fantastic, and the
logger keeps on doing its thing. If you ever need help, Jerry is a phone call away. How can you beat this product? No way. Thanks Jerry, looked for you at Hamcation.

KA5V Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 14:43 Send this review to a friend
Very Great Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used WA0H's MicroLog logging program since 2009. I have looked at others, but found this to be simple, easy, and correct to use and update when needed. Very easy to use multiple logs to maintain your DXCC, Worked All States, or what ever game you play. My DXCC count is 353. I had paper records up to 2009 and put most of them on MicroLog. Then downloaded to LOTW. I was very surprised that contacts in the 1970's then were recorded on LOTW. Jerry, WA0H, has a great program. It is worth a lot more than just $10.00 and that is for the call book records on CD. Download the program and try it out.

KD0ILM Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2012 02:49 Send this review to a friend
Great simple lots of features  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought one about three years ago. It is simple, easy to use and has enough features to do anything you like as far as logging goes. I liked it so much that when I opened a seasonal shack I bought another one. The author said that he didn't mind me using the same copy loaded onto another computer but for $10 it did not seem fair to him. He is a great guy with a great product. He does not charge enough for it though.

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - Super Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like this little logging program. Simple to use. Includes the US and Canadian database for a mere $10 total cost. You can use CD database records for world wide contact information, but you have to buy the separate databases. The only niggle I have is does not use either the on-line or downloadable database maintained by QRZ.com.

The absolute best feature is the program's author, Jerry, WA0H, who provides excellent service and who is easy to communicate with. He clearly derives more pride than money from this project - and it shows up in how he treats users. The whole experience will be satisfying. For $10 you cannot find a better deal, or a more comfortable fit.

Thanks, Jerry. Happy trails and 73. // James - K8JHR //

K8RWH Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2012 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Valued Simplicity  Time owned: more than 12 months
I delayed writing a review of MicroLog until the interface with IC 746 Pro was "proofed". It is now, despite my possible operator error. I shopped for a simple but powerful logging program that would not tax my retired mind to learn and use. I wanted the fields to populate from a commonly available database - they do. Although I don't eqsl or LOTW, that's there, too. No rotor control, but I don't have one. Flexibility to tailor layout, etc., is there. I'm liking it better and better; with common English help directions, you don't need a MS certification to use MicroLog. Jerry's tenacity is becoming legend; the 746 Pro interface took a while, but he is patient and very "Elmer-ing". You won't regret buying this product. Well done, Jerry! K8RWH

KC9HVA Rating: 3/5 Jul 10, 2012 05:25 Send this review to a friend
qsl card review  Time owned: more than 12 months
it's a great program except. when one prints up a qsl card you get station , mo-da-yr ,utc, band,mode,rst .

but their is no frequency or mhz. so you look at outher qsl card and they have a place for your frequency . why not just shrink the font size a little and squeeze in a place for a frequency

K8WRS Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have used MicroLog for the last two years for Field Day.
The first year we used the free download and it worked great.

This year we bought disk with the Callbook in it and it was fantastic.

Don't let the price fool you it is worth much, much more and has many other modules built in for Contest and logging uses.

Thanks WA0H for a fantastic program that doesn't take up your whole computer.

KD8DVR Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2012 22:05 Send this review to a friend
Just what I was looking for!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got a copy for $10 at Hamvention.

I got home and had it logging QSOs within 5 minutes. An excellent value!

The program has an excellent interface. One screen does it all, with nice large text. It has everything I have been looking for, which has been lacking in everything I've seen so far. Fortunately, my search is over :) It can get a log all ready to send to LOTW and eQSL. All I have to do is sign the log and upload to LOTW. It imports AIF logs and handles them great. When needed, I can manually update the FCC and Canadian databases.

The functions not used every day are on different screens and configuration menus. Every function is right where you need it, not "up in your face" when you don't need it.

Very simple, yet fully flexible and full featured at the same time.

KD0ILM Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2010 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Jerry and the program are the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a fairly new ham and have tried out a lot of logging programs. Most were too complex to really meet my needs. I bought Midrolog at Hamfest and have never looked back. Very simple and helpful when doing QSO's. I had a small issue (mostly operator error) and Jerry was happy to walk me through it over the phone. Nice guy, great product, I'd recomend it to anyone.