Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MicroLog by WA0H Help

Reviews Summary for MicroLog by WA0H
MicroLog by WA0H Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $10
Description: Logging Software

The last year has been spent converting MicroLog from VisualBasic-6 to VisualBasic-2008 so it would work better on Vista and Windows-7.

During the process I added several new features: (1) You can choose which fields to display in the log table on the main screen. (2) You can choose from several different date formats. (3) You can freely rebuild (update) the US/Canadian callbook database for 1 year. (4) There are more ways to search the built-in US/Canadian callbook, such as by county. (5) You can replace the US map on the main screen with dx-spots from OH8X dxsummit. (6) Over 50 modes are now included such as, echolink, dstar, and psk-31. (7) Frequency can now be logged. (8) QCWA numbers are now included as well as 1010 numbers and Fist numbers. The program also contains a Field-Day module. The price of the program is still $10 (plus $2 for shipping).

More info: http://www.wa0h.com/

You can write your own review of the MicroLog by WA0H.

K5BJM Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2010 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Great!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this program for Yrs and it has never failed. It is VERY EASY to use! I highly recomend it.

AF3Y Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2009 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Super Super Super!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this little program for over 3 years now, and I am still amazed at the "Bang for the Buck". I just visited a demo site for one of the really expensive logging programs to see what I have been missing. Well, darn near NOTHING! Jerry has kept the cost of this thing amazingly low, and it's performance is just great. I dont use the rig control feature, but for logging,etc. this one has been perfect for me. No problems at all.

WB0MMZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2008 12:17 Send this review to a friend
So easy to use!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought the CD of this program even though it's available online for free. It was $12 and well worth the price. The CD has a built in callbook for US and Canada. I've been licensed for almost 35 years and have always paper logged every one of my contacts. I was a little hesitant to try this, but after entering my first contact, I was so happy I purchased it. I don't know anything about the other programs out there, but if you are like me, from the generation of Heathkits and slide rules, don't hesitate to get this program. If an old guy like me can figure it out, anyone can. Thanks Jerry for a great product.

W4YJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2008 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up this program in Huntsville this past weekend at the Hamfest. WOW it works GREAT! Very nice job of programming! very easy to use. I highly recommend it!

Steve W4SEF

W7JBB Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2007 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Geat simple logging  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Met WA0H and his wife while they had a booth at Pacificon. The price sure was right so I picked up a disk just just thinking I would play around with it. Wow, was I surprised!

For the $10 price I was amazed, The logging is simple to use,install and it works like a charm.

Perfect, except of someone that needs highly complex exact rotator headings. This really is a great piece of logging software, and I would recommend it for anyone wishing to own logging software.

What else can I say? Buy it if you want great logging software and want it cheaply.

Bruce W7JBB

KE7FEH Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2007 15:59 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to use, very user friendly and alot of great extras. This is the best $10 you will ever spend in this hobby. It is worth much, much more!!

N5TEY Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2007 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great logging program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used a version of MicroLog for more than two years. The program is simple to use and is very user friendly. MicroLog has allowed me to easily track the various awards I have pursued. I particularly like the section of the program that allows me to print out the DXCC entities that I have confirmed. This printout is very helpful when new I am working or looking for DX.

I have used several versions of the program over the years and Jerry (WAH) is continually updating and improving the program. I have spoken with him several times over the years at Hamfests and over the phone when I have needed some technical assistance and he has always been very helpful.

MicroLog is not presently configured to handle your rotor and perform other buzzer and bell functions. However, if you are looking for a good basic and user friendly logging program MicroLog is for you.

MicroLog is very economical and you get a lot of bang for your buck for a cost of only $10, which includes updated callsign data for the US and Canada.

Steve N5TEY