Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service Help

Reviews Summary for K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service
K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Ken specializes in repairing and restoring Kenwood hybrid radios and sales of difficult to find parts.
More info: http://www.dbeweb.com/Kenwood/

You can write your own review of the K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service.

N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2017 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Simply Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ken no longer services hybrids but will on occasion give tech help via email. I say occasionally because he is notional and may or may not answer. But he does offer a good selection of otherwise unobtainable parts for the hybrids and they are of excellent quality, promptly shipped and very reasonably priced. For that alone I say Excellent and thanks Ken!

WD9IQN Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2015 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Great !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased many parts from K4EAA.
Always a positive experience !! He has THE BEST brass shaft couplers for the hybrid Kenwoods.
This guy sells quality parts !!

ZL1DT Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2014 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed some parts for my Kenwood TS-830S. At first I was dubious about buying from the US, but the order was filled very quickly and arrived via surface mail 10 days later. I would not hesitate to buy off Ken again. A truly professional service.

KA8CTH Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2011 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Honest-Helpful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have never actually sent a rig to this man for repair; however, I have bought many parts and used his free services many times. His parts are ones that are almost impossible to find and his knowledge is worth a small fortune in itself and he shares it freely.

KF5ELO Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2010 19:37 Send this review to a friend
Hard to find service and parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ken has helped me probably 10 time through email, never making a dime ( most of the time it was just newbie mistakes by me ). I am a new ham as of Jan 5, 2010. He is fast to respond to emails considering the buisness he does. He has a lot of Kenwood Hybrid hard to find parts at very cheep prices. If my TS820S needs repaired he will be the one I ship it to.

Tommy Dies
KF5ELO

AC2JD Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2010 22:12 Send this review to a friend
"Great Products & Great Service"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings,
I wanted a Kenwood SP-230 speaker to go with my TS830S transceiver. I had found Ken's website about a month earlier and had been very happy and impressed to find all of the valuable information there to study. Also, it was very good to know there was a professional radio shop available should my just-purchased 830 need service. So when going shopping for a speaker, I thougt Ken would be an excellent place to start my search. I called Ken, and he said that he had an SP-230 speaker for sale, and said that it was in very good condition, he quoted me a price, and I said "Sold."
I also purchased a wall size schematic for my Kenwood 830s - -it's very nice, especially for tired eyes. I think that it was really fortunate for me to have found a merchant that is trustworthly, helpful, and very knowledgeable of his products and services. Ken shipped the speaker as promised, and it was packed bullet-proof. I could not be happier with my new-to-me speaker, as Ken had said; "it is in very good condition", and IT IS !!!
Thanks Very Much Ken
See you next puchase,
Rich KC2UZS

KF4OZJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2010 07:10 Send this review to a friend
Better than New  Time owned: more than 12 months
Greetings.
I purchased a Kenwood TS 530S in 1993 that was used. I operated the rig daily until March 2009 when it began having some issues. I sent the rig to Ken (K4eaa) for a total refurb. When it returned,rather quickly I might add, it was in perfect,perfect condition inside and out.I truly believe it was as good if not better than new. It quickly went back online and has worked all over the world since.Great audio reports and full power on any band. All knobs and switches feel like new and the clean-up of the face plate was fantastic.
Great job Ken !. And if your still working on Kenwood Hybrid's 20 years from now I will send it to you for another fix-up. Thanks so much for great repair and fast service.

KE7RZR Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2009 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Can't be beat!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My TS-820s had one of those pesky, annoying problems that the symptoms lead to 3 or 4 possibilities. Ken nailed it right on the head the first time, and she is back and running like a champ! I have other radios, sure, but this one is my baby, and it was a relief to find someone that knows them and loves them as much as us owners! Thanks Ken!

VE5ZG Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Master Craftsman  Time owned: more than 12 months
Here's my addition to the chorus of praise for Ken's work...
My TS-830S is my all-time favourite radio but was getting a bit tired. I had to bite the bullet on shipping from Canada but it was worth it. I now have a transceiver that looks and works like new.

AA6ZE Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2009 16:16 Send this review to a friend
One of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

My Ts-530s had a cracked band switch coupler. Ordered a brass one from Ken's website,and it works like a champ.Fast shipping too. Two thumbs up!