Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service Help

Reviews Summary for K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service
K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Ken specializes in repairing and restoring Kenwood hybrid radios and sales of difficult to find parts.
More info: http://www.dbeweb.com/Kenwood/

You can write your own review of the K4EAA Kenwood Hybrid Tranceiver Sales Restoration and Service.

WU8P Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2008 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Job!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My TS-520 was in pretty good shape, but I thought I would ship it to Ken for a check-up. When I received it back, there was huge improvement in operation. Money well spent. Only downside is shipping across the country, but Ken has no control over that.
Thanks Ken!!

NZ0T Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2008 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Great help  Time owned: months
I bought a TS-830S recently that had some low powr output problems. I did not send it to Ken but he has been extremely helpful via e-mail as I worked towards resolving the problem. All he gained was a sale of about $10 for parts but he was very helpful and patient. If I ever need to send a Kenwood hybrid in for repair Ken is my man!

WB4M Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2008 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Best service for old rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a Kenwood 599-D transmitter that had a few issues so sent it to K4EAA. He fixed all problems and cleaned the transmitter up and it came back looking and working like brand new. I previously had contacted Kenwood East and they would not touch the older 599 rig, nor would a N4** repair service. So if you have an older Kenwood hybrid rig, send it to K4EAA. Great email/phone contact also.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2008 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent my TS-520 to Ken and he did great work on it. He stayed in contact by e-mail and phone through the whole process. If you have a Kenwood hybrid that needs work, do not hesitate. Send it to Ken.

KD8EZU Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2008 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Ken's simply great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have not yet gotten to the point of having to send my beloved TS-820S to Ken for servicing and that is partly because I have used his repair kits and followed the advice he freely gives on his website. I've done the HV capacitor replacemnts and the final cage replacement and it went well and was easy to do. He answer's email and in general just seems to treat you, like a important customer. I hope one day to be able to send my rig to him for a complete overhaul and to get the case repainted

I highly recommend Ken and his products!.

Hey Ken! when are ya' gonna have a TS-830S for sale???

N5YWP Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2008 16:07 Send this review to a friend
A gentleman , very helpful.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Working on my 830S , Ken took the time to help me with my problem and put me on the right track.
He did this twice for me. So it goes without saying I got bulbs , tubes and parts from him when it came time. I don't know the man but I am sure I would like him. If you need parts for your Kenwood Hybrid, You won't be sorry dealing with Ken. 73 N5YWP Reese

KA4AQM Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2007 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Great help & parts  Time owned: more than 12 months
Couldn't agree more with KD4TC. I had BAND switch coupler problem with my TS-830S which I have owned since new. Ken helped me diagnose problem, provided exceptional parts to replace original components, and followed up with me with support to ensure I did the replacement correctly. Hats off to a real caring ham!

K4DTC Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2007 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a TS-830S that I bought at a hamfest many years ago. It worked ok for awhile, but ultimately stopped transmitting. I tried to fix it, but never really got it to work right. I decided to send it to Ken. He replaced a number of components, cleaned the RF board from acid core solder contaminants, reversed a QRO mod, and tuned up for a very reasonable price. He seems to really like the old hyrids and seems to want to see them survive in good order. He went above and beyond the normal effort and restored my radio to first rate condition. You can't go wrong with Ken. Go to his web site (k4eaa.com) and you will see a wealth of information on old Kenwood hybrids. By the way, the RF board pictured on his site that is soaking in dish washing liquid is mine. You will see what I mean by going the extra mile!!