Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | ON4MAC MacPuck paddle Help

Reviews Summary for ON4MAC MacPuck paddle
ON4MAC MacPuck paddle Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $?
Description: This is Michel's latest one! It has a heavy round brass base with wooden fingerpieces.
More info: http://www.remeeus.eu/hamradio/pa1hr/mackey.htm

You can write your own review of the ON4MAC MacPuck paddle.

PA0QRB Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2011 03:36 Send this review to a friend
Best so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned and used paddles of various brands (Bencher, Kent, Hi-Mound, MFJ). Unfortunately, I'm not among those that have access to Begali paddles but I wonder if they are really superior to this work of art by ON4MAC. I picked mine up used on an auction site and my only point of criticism is that the brass parts are tarnished. The finger pieces are a bit too long, but YMMV. Otherwise, this paddle can be very accurately adjusted to very close contact spacings and very light pressure without ever getting a feeling of sloppiness. The paddle has extremely well defined tactile feedback and I'm sure that my sending will improve. It is a good deal better than my Kent Twn Paddle and it leaves Bencher/MFJ far behind. Highly recommended.

W9AC Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2008 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Michel is an outstanding machinist and his keys rank in excellence with those made by Piero Begali and Alberto Frattini.

Feel of the paddle is similar to the Schurr Profi but much more solid and with less flexing of the paddle arms. Michel uses real bearings --not trunion sleeve bearings. Also uses micro-threaded screws and a unique magnetic replusion system. Very heavy base -- much heavier than it looks.

Wait time was only about four weeks as the key was being custom made for me. The MacPuck is a solid 5.

OE1DIA Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2008 14:03 Send this review to a friend
the best paddle I ever had  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would like to express my thank to Michel for his outstanding product - MacPuck. The Bencher sits on the shelf and has no chance to come back on the table and be connected to the radio.
Keep up the good work Michel!

PA1HR Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2007 12:41 Send this review to a friend
This is the one and only Stradivarius of all paddles!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

First a little history. Started Ham Radio in 1965, went to the Navy as W/T operator in 1970 and from 1971-1989 as a W/T operator at the coastal station PCH. CW still is my favorite mode.

In the last 37 years I have tried very very much keys, bugs, paddles etc. From different brands or hand made.

The best paddles I have used are made by Schurr, Begali and ON4MAC.

The latest paddle from Michel is the most beautiful and finest paddle I have used during the last 37 years.

I like the round brass heavy solid base and the special wooden fingerpieces very much.

What I like the best of this paddle is 'the click'. Let's call it 'the sound' of the paddle. It really is amazing what Michel has made again! The same way as Mozart and Beethoven made their music, ON4MAC makes his paddles.

Michel uses *the finest materials* for his paddle. And you can see and feel that! Michel loves his work and when you see the details of the MacPuck you know what I mean by that. This is the paddle you can only dream about.

My Schurr Profi-II and Begali Signature are still on the table, but the ON4MAC MacPuck (#036/2007) is the one I really use!

Doing CW with this new paddle of ON4MAC is a real joy. Using this paddle you will get a very special feeling inside of you.

This is the one and only Stradivarius of all paddles!!!