Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | NCS 3230 Multi-Rx Help

Reviews Summary for NCS 3230 Multi-Rx
NCS 3230 Multi-Rx Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$349.95
Description: Provides selective listening of one to six radios. Radio audio can be switched to listen to one or all six radios at the same time. Also has provisions for manual or automatic control of an external audio tape recorder.
More info: http://www.ncsradio.com

You can write your own review of the NCS 3230 Multi-Rx.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2008 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the Multi-Rx when I added a third rig to the shack. I got tired of all the small so called speakers around. I run two Sounds Sweet speakers with this unit and the audio is outstanding. Care has to be taken when adjusting the af gain or you will overdrive it into distortion. Properly set up and adjusted I get super sound and less clutter in the shack. I run 3 HF rigs a scanner and VHF/UHF all into the Multi-Rx. Life is now simple, control is easy and the sound incredible. I can now get rid of all these accessory speakers.

WM2P Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2008 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Just Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two rigs, two scanners and a computer with TV, satellite radio and ITunes all hooked up to this useful device. I can now put on a set of headphones and listen to what I want;, how I want it. Nice to listen to music while you are also listening to a rag chew session on headphones without worrying about transmiting music on the air. I also watch and listen to my PC TV while I am on the radio.

Of course you can also just listen to one or two speakers instead of using headphones but then you have to worry about transmitting TV and Music if they are also coming through your speakers. You can have your HF rig in your left ear (speaker) and your VHF/UHF rig in your right ear (speaker). Each input in configurable for both channels or a single left/right channel. There is even a mode to allow you to spread out all the sources in a psuedo surround sound fashion. There are hookups for a recording device and a pre-amp input section where you can insert an equalizer or DSP noise reduction unit.

I find this product extremely useful but have two things I would like to see improved considering its hefty price.

1. It does have a distinct background noise level much higher than if you listened to each rig directly.

2. It would be great if instead of one master volume control there were individual volume controls for each input. This way you would not have to constantly go back to the individual devices to adjust their output for each situation. Sometimes I want my music barely audiable but at other times I want it nice and loud until I hear someone on frequency. Would be nice to just turn a knob and lower the music instead of having to go to the source and change it there.

It would also be great to release a version without the recording and surround sound stuff at a lower price. The hams I know using this simply use it to monitor several radios at one time and really do not need all the other bells and whistles.

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2007 05:56 Send this review to a friend
You gotta' get one!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The NCS-3230 is a real benefit in the HAM shack! If you have 3 or more radios (as I have), you should really get one of these to manage your sound output! It also makes recording the audio a breeze! I have the audio from 6 radios going through to only two speakers and I can control where the sound comes out from which radio. It also has a "spatial" mode which I haven't used too much. It really doesn't benefit too much in my mobile station I also have the recording output going not to a recoding device but to the "line input" of a GAP outboard DSP unit and the set-up works like a charm! The 3230 also has a very adequate amp in it to overcome any amibient noise floating about!

W3BUG Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2007 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one outstanding product. I now have 5 radios connected to it with 1 set of speakers for output. No need for multiple radio speakers any more. Route all your rigs audio to the 3230 and press a button for the audio. Great when listening to multiple scanners too. Great construction, packing and customer service. Oh yes, order the 5 patch cables and your ready to plug-and-play.

Scott - W3BUG