Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Proset-IC Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proset-IC
Heil Proset-IC Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $140.00
Description: Heil Headset w/Boom Mic especially designed for Icom Radios.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/proset/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset-IC.

KJ4FGI Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2016 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Sounds good quality build average   Time owned: more than 12 months
I had written a more detailed review but it was just too much to read, the quality of the audio from this heil headset is very good, Iíve had problems and it all leads to bad solder connections with this headset. Reading about other heil equipment they are plagued with solder connection problems. I spent $165 on this from Elecraft when I purchased my KX3. I went by the heil name and it was being sold by Elecraft.

On E Ham reviews there are 13 reviews on this headset which rates as 4.8, on the Yamaha CM 500 there are 52 reviews and a rated 4.7.

The Yamaha CM 500 is $49.95 on the W2ENY website other websites sell it for $60. Go to E ham reviews and the rating of heil is not as high as you would expect the name to carry. If you buy this headset warm-up a soldering iron.

K5UOS Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2014 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Comfort  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For Christmas I received a HEIL PSE 6 IC headset. I have been using them as often as possible to see how comfortable the headphones are. Comfort has been an issue with this HEIL headset.

I also have Sennheiser HD280 headphones I am using as a comparison.

Both headphones have nice receive audio but the larger full over ear cups on the Sennheiser 280HD are better at reducing room noise and more comfortable for extended use.

The HD280 phones donít press anywhere on the ear but cover the ear. The full coverage just physically reduces the local noise and prevents the discomfort from even the modest pressure on the ear I feel with the HEIL set. It is similar to putting the flat of your hand over your ears vs cupping your hand over your ears.

The pads on the HEIL PSE IC are not as deep as the 280HDís. The 280HDís have an oval shape the HEIL have a round shape.

Other factors being equal the HEIL PSE 6 IC could be very simply be improved by using a deeper set of pads better shaped to cover the human ear.

Design the cup so there is no contact with the ear. I can imagine a larger person would find it difficult to use the HEIL set for long periods.

The transmit audio with the HEIL PSE IC is great. An aftermarket set of deeper pads would be nice.

All things considered I still think the HEIL PSE 6 IC headset is a pretty good value. They do exactly what HEIL advertises.

WD9HOT Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2014 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Bob Heil  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With all the really great sounding stations out there it always surprises me when someone takes the time to complement me on my audio when I am using the Heil Proset-IC . Special thanks to Victor, KK4IP for helping me tweak my settings on my Icom ic-7200, "20% comp, 60% mike gain,

VK2AB Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2013 20:47 Send this review to a friend
I bought the Pro-set eleite IC a couple of months ago.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a couple of weeks it developed a loud Hum. I tried everything know to me to rectify the problem with no avail. Naturally I wasn't pleased. I wrote to Bob Heil and he initially wasn't able to provide any solutions. He then asked me to return the headset which I promptly did. The next I heard from Bob was he sent me a replacement headset after being unable to fault the returned set. What better service can you get than that. I am extremely happy with the new headset (No Hum) and the impeccable service from Bob Heil. Congratulations Bob your service and product's are second to none.

KE6TDT Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2012 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Great audio in and out!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had a this headset about 1 year ago and sold it a purchased a desk microphone. A mistake.

The desk mic was OK, but I really missed the hands-free Proset-IC. I sold the desk mic and again purchased the Proset-IC, using the headset with an ICOM 746, (non-pro).

Hands free, great audio, comfortable and lightweight enough to wear for extended time periods.

With the flip up mic, shifting it out of the way when not needed, is a nice feature. And the phase reversal switch works surprisingly well.

I adjusted the headset using a second receiver, using a dummy load on the transmitter. Sound very good, and drives the 746 quite well.

Fairly light weight, great audio, comfortable, and I know Heil has good support.

I would definitely recommend this headset.

I give the Heil Proset-IC a high 5.

KC3JV Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2011 00:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought My Heil Proset IC used off of Ebay. I have been told my audio was very clear with or without the speech compressor. It is very comfortable to wear and I have a BIG head.

Mark KC3JV

W2TXB Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2010 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent so far!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I bought the IC-7000, I decided to hold off on any fancy microphone/headset for a while. Today, while at the Binghamton (NY) Hamfest, I spotted a Heil ProSet (at KJI's booth) and decided to spend the money and go for it. While I am using it in the VOX mode only (no foot or hand switch yet), I find the received audio reports from those who hear me range from very good to excellent. The headphones are comfortable, and the boom microphone extends to the proper position for best audio. The cable is a bit long, but I am OK with that, having looped up the excess cable and securing it with a tie wrap.

KL2EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2010 17:20 Send this review to a friend
recommended highly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this headphone/mic to eliminate outside noises. I wasn't worried about how it felt on my head. Boy, I sure am glad I went with these instead of another cheaper brand. They feel great and I'm able to wear them endlessly! well worth the money.

M0TCA Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2009 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent headset, drives the radio (IC756 Pro II) with lots of audio, mic gain at twenty to the hour works really well for my voice, get unsolicited great audio reports. Initially took a lot of time to setup the radio to use this microphone. But once I figured out that I was overdriving the radio by a very tiny amount the difference was outstanding.
The headphone side are excellent and I find the phase reversal very useful in contests. The phones are very comfortable to wear for long periods. Also the isolation from noise in the shack is excellent.

Overall it is a 5 out of 5 from me. 73 & good dx

PD5L Rating: 4/5 Dec 3, 2008 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own this one for over 4 years now. I works ok, but looks and feel cheap. After an hour it hurts my head.

73' PD5L