Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Proset-IC Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proset-IC
Heil Proset-IC Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $140.00
Description: Heil Headset w/Boom Mic especially designed for Icom Radios.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/proset/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset-IC.

N0UY Rating: 4/5 Oct 28, 2008 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I though about buying a new headset for about a year. Finally bought a used one from a heck of a nice guy on line. Been very pleased with the comfort and receive audio. Sometimes I wish it had a coil cord but most of the time this is not a problem. I use it on cw alot so it is cool how the mic quickly stores up out of the way.

Great Product.

N8NNE Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2008 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Match  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I deliberated buying one of these for a while but was worried it might be too hot or lack-lustre since I have the 746pro, not the non-pro.

Instead I bought the Icom SM-20. It's alright, but picks up far too much background noise.

Finally my wife insisted that I try the Heil Proset-IC. I did. I love it!

My friends helped me setup the audio on the 746pro for the stock hand mike, such that it sounded great on the repeaters with the compressor off, and great on the SSB with the compressor on. That took quite a while with feedback from everyone, until they were all satisfied (very frustrating process).

I dreaded the thought of having to change the gain, EQ, and compressor settings to try a new mike since the mike gain has no scale or markings.

To my absolute pleasure it turned out that the Heil Proset-IC plugged right in and drove the radio's audio just exactly the same level as the stock handmike. It seemed everyone immediately felt compelled to compliment my audio, both on the FM repeaters and on HF as well noting that it had a very flat and natural sound with a bit more bass (in a good way).

What can I say except that ol' Bob Heil really knows what he's doing.

Great headphones as well. The frequency response is beautifully suited for communications, and the phasing switch is very useful as well.

I tried about 10 microphones with the 746pro and none of them sounded near as good as the Heil.

If you're on the fence wondering if it'll be worth the price tag, I say "go for it!"

73 de N8NNE
Rus

A92HB Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2008 21:18 Send this review to a friend
YES  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a number of different Heil mics and accessories both at home and here in Bahrain, turns out that I have managed to somehow buy two Heil Proset-IC models. Nice and comfortable on the ears, cuts out most of the qrm from my xyl and dogs, but above all, I just love all of those super audio reports that keep on rolling in each time I am on the air.

73,s,

John

W6NFL Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2007 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Nice Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
The HeilProset-IC works really well. Gives the Icom rigs nice audio and not under driven. Its designed for Icom radios and produces lots of audio. Heil mics and Icom radios have always needed a little extra drive but no such problem with this headset. Audio sounds very good with no "muddy" sound whatsoever.