Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 5kw 1:1 Feedline Isolation Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs 5kw 1:1 Feedline Isolation
Balun Designs   5kw 1:1 Feedline Isolation Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$61.95
Description: 1:1 feedline balun rated 5kw/10kw utilizing mil spec RG-303. Excellent impedance transformation, extremely low SWR and highest available choking impedance.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com.

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 5kw 1:1 Feedline Isolation.

YV5GPA Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2013 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Great product, superb support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the Max Choking 1:1 Isolation Balun 1 - 54 MHz 5kW - #1115d. Even though I haven't had enough time to completely evaluate its performance to the fullest is more than evident that is an extraordinary piece of equipment. This balun is really doing its job. Believe it or not the QRM levels are all equalized in all of my antennas but specially my vertical. Is really amazing observing how a signal that is really weak over the directional antenna comes to life when switching to the vertical antenna after the installation of this balun, Iím really happy with its performance and I really recommend it.

Support from Bob is absolutely outstanding. I first contacted him because I was in the need for a custom made balun according to my very specific needs.
He answered in no more than two hours with his recommendations, next the order was being placed according with what Bob recommended.

After sales support is equally excellent. Had couple of questions about the balun and Bob's answer and explanation was really diligent.

My commendation to those looking for a real piece of equipment, high quality and great technical and sales support is go with Balun Designs products, you wont be dissapointed.

Alfonso Garcia
YV5GPA

WB2PJH Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Superb   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own a Model 1115t which I used to feed my homebrew G5RV. It is extremely well constructed and Bob graciously contacted me when I ordered the incorrect terminal configuration. I would not hesitate to purchase any of his products, and I've also purchased a lower power balun for my Vertical. I could not be more satisfied with the quality of the product, the prompt service, and the customer support.

Dave WB2PJH

W5HLP Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2011 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Isolation - Professional, MilSpec level product -  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the model 1115 Feedline Isolation Balun from Balun Design just a couple of days ago. I was impressed with it right out of the box. Construction is professional, with heavy duty conmponents (toroid, coax etc) and well made solder joints. No loose connections or screws here!!!

I installed it per Balun Designs instructions and went inside to give it a test.

I noticed a complete eradicaton of all common mode RF in the shack, much quieter now particularly when first tuning up from one antenna to another.

The next thing I noticed was a definite (albeit small - probably about an S unit) decrease in average noise (QRM). We have a great deal of locally generated interference, particularly from electric fence transformers and milking machines. I went back out and removed the iso from the circuit to verify (went back and forth several times actually) and noted the following (all on 20m): 1 S unit quieter on G5RV, about half that on zero-five 43ft vertical and about 1 on 20m halfwave vertical dipole.

Overall - this is simply one outstanding product. It does what its says it will do, it is a quality product at a fair price and the folks a Balun Designs couldnt be more helpful and responsive.

Balun Design's has my business that's for sure.

W5HLP

K4RH Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I did'nt expect to get as great a balum as I received and works unbeliveable. When I need another balum Balum Designs is where I will get it.

W7KY Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2010 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Havent checked it out at 5KW... 2KW with no problem and it looks like it will do 5 without a problem. Excellent quality and works as advertised or maybe better. If you want a quality product you can't go wrong with this balun. I also bought the 5 KW 4:1 balun and it is just as good. Feeding a horizonatal 80 mtr loop with 450 ohm feedline with the 4:1 balun on the output of the antenna tuner. Running the Command Tech HF2500 AMP and have never had a problem

K5BJM Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 05:21 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BALUN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quality is still available!!!! Thanks Bob!! One of the best made Anywhere by Anybody!

KL7AI Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2008 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Added to my tribander it is the best for the buck and am very happy.

WU1E Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2008 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful, Excellent products & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's always nice to purchase something you know will serve you well. Bob is very helpful and builds high quality product. I'm very pleased to know that I bought an item that will see many different antenna projects over the course of my life of hamming.

K7DAS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2008 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent construction, Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's refreshing to deal with someone that builds an excellent product and provides the service level Bob does. Answered my questions and built mine as I requested and had it in just a couple of days. I'll be going back to Bob for more antenna projects!