Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1536 Pulsar Tri-Band Vertical 6m/2m/440 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1536 Pulsar Tri-Band Vertical 6m/2m/440
MFJ-1536 Pulsar Tri-Band Vertical 6m/2m/440 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 1.3/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: Pulsar VHF TriBander 6M/2M/440 MHz Base/Repeater Antenna
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1536

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1536 Pulsar Tri-Band Vertical 6m/2m/440.

K6XR Rating: 0/5 Nov 15, 2007 09:04 Send this review to a friend
unusable antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
swr is over 5.1 on 1/2 of the frequencies between 144 mhz and 54 mhz making it very hard on your finals and output power to the antenna. the rest of the bands are divided up between 1.1 and 3.1, not very good. I complained to MFJ and they sent me another antenna. Both antennas work the same. they just sent me an email and told me they have been selling this import for over 10 years and to send it back for a refund. I will now order the Comet gp-15.

KI4TVH Rating: 3/5 Oct 27, 2007 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Instructions are horrible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After calling MFJ's tech support, the 6m element is screwed into the base in place of one of the radials. So it turns out I have all the parts, but with a 6m element hanging off the side, it doesn't look anything that's pictured on the website and the included assembly instructions don't even match the antenna.

I've got it up on the chimney and performance seems okay. I can hit repeaters about 40 miles away. I plan to borrow an antenna analyzer to check the tuning on 6m.

I'm happy enough with the antenna to keep it. I wished I had bought either the RadioShack Discone or a Diamond or Comet instead.

KI4TVH Rating: 1/5 Oct 6, 2007 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Not impressed so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this from HRO a few weeks ago. After reading a few reviews of other MFJ antennas here, I was beginning to regret the decision. The box arrived and to my dismay, there are parts missing and the parts that are there appear to be incorrect. So much for getting the base rig on UHF/VHF this weekend. I'll call MFJ next week and see what gives, but I've got a feeling I'll be taking this one back to HRO and ordering a Diamond or Comet.