Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Burghardt ERB-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Burghardt ERB-1
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$59.95
Description: Relay buffer for radio to amp interface for solid sate HF rigs

You can write your own review of the Burghardt ERB-1.

KD7DCR Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2008 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Worth every cent! Don't leave home without one!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First time AMP user...just learning about such things.

I had heard that some radios needed these type devices and other's didn't...Asked Jim and he said "YEP" you need one for your IC756p3 (also purchased from them). So, he sold me the AL80B used and this interface and shipped it all for a very competitive price - without the risk of DOA like on Ebay. Turned out, the Amp also had the inrush protection already installed...great deal became better!
Simple instructions, simple wiring hook up, no muss no fuss...Turned out to be a "plug n play" for me.
NOW - 6+ months later, everything still works fine, no smoke or flash. The inrush protection has saved me a few times for ham-handed tuning.
I would buy one of these again, I will continue to trust Jim and will buy my future needs from him as well.
KD7DCR

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2007 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this interface when i got my Ameritron AL 811H as well as the Ameritron inrush protector. I had the ERB-1 hooked between the Icom 746 and the 811H. It worked fine and so far no problems. Burghardt did send me a wall wart for the interface, but the plug was the wrong kind. I simply snipped off the end of the plug and wired it direct. As of now I still have the interface hooked to the 746, but it is no longer inline with the 811H. I run the 811H with my Kenwood TS 830S and since the rig uses relays instead of a solid state TX RX circuit I no longer am using the ERB-1. Ill still keep the ERB-1 so if I want to hook the 746 up to the amp ill still be protected.