Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000Pro Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000Pro
LDG AT-1000Pro Reviews: 57 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $599
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000, LDG Electronics has refined and expanded its 1KW tuner. The AT-1000Pro has an Auto mode that automatically starts a tuning cycle when the SWR exceeds a limit you set.

Operates at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak. Relay protection software prevents tuning at greater than 125 watts. 2 Antenna connections. Tunes from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz (including 6 meters). Tuning time usually under 4 seconds, transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, under 0.2 seconds. 2000 memories.

2-Year Warranty. All cables included.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000Pro.

N0GVK Rating: 4/5 Feb 4, 2017 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading reviews, I decided to pull the trigger and recently purchased a clean, used AT-1000Pro. It has the often described burned out meter bulb, but after watching the video am planning on replacing it soon. I have had low power LDG tuners in the past and have had good luck with them.
My current station includes an AL-811 and a shortened Carolina Windom for 160-10. The tuner tunes all bands fairly quickly down to a good match and holds tuning when I kick on the amp afterward. For about half the price of a new one this version of LDG tuner is working great for me.

N9GUU Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2016 08:25 Send this review to a friend
AT1000Pro Followup  Time owned: more than 12 months
So after having this tuner for about 3 years, I thought I would follow up on my original review. All I can say is this is a GREAT tuner. It's now connected to my IC-7600 and works flawlessly! As for some of the negative reviews below - Folks...You have to read the manual. I'm sure 99% of the issues described by others are from not reading the manual. If you're using an amplifier - DO NOT PUT THE TUNER IN AUTOTUNE MODE. Connect it to your transceiver with the supplied cable, put your amp in bypass, and just press the tune button on your transceiver - DONE - NO PROBLEMS. If you leave it in AUTOTUNE, then it will want to constantly tune to perfect match. Also, if you don't ground it, you will have erratic issues (regardless of what some people say about not grounding...) Anyway. Great Tuner, and if you can find one, buy it.

WA4AIP Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner ... fast and smooth!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded my AT-1000 PRO to the “II” model in early 2012 … it has performed flawlessly! It is quieter than the original model in tune mode and is also faster tuning. Jennifer and Dwayne are extremely responsive to questions of assistance or general information. LDG stands behind their products and I have found that customer service to be very good! Install the tuner per directions, set some initial tune points on your most used bands and future tune ups are a snap!

SA6AUT Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 14:52 Send this review to a friend
It work's  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Do not jump start on this one take the time and read the manual!
After a time U will understand how it works!

Truly a perfect match to my ALS-600 amplifier, would buy again!!!

WA4AIP Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2012 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent auto tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used this tuner for over a year. Works per LDG specs - fast tuning and very versatile with ability to manually lower swr below auto tune level. It is pretty much transparent once you set/match the tuner to your antenna's! Great customer service from LDG.

W5XJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2012 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Follow up review   Time owned: more than 12 months
Dwayne at LDG was very helpful in solving my problem with retuning and other issues. I bought mine new at HamCom 2011 and had to send it back for repair. In the end I decided to upgrade to the new LDG 1000 Pro II AT. LDG stands behind their products and is a fine business ham supplier.

Buy one and you won't be sorry. I also have the AT 200 Pro and use it portable at the feed point of a 31 foot vertical over a portable radial field.

73 & good DX!

W3RXO Rating: 1/5 May 17, 2012 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Delicate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best I could say, is that it must be a pretty delicate tuner. I bought one, used, from a fellow, who had it in use. I had heard it used on the air, or should I say, I heard the product of it being used, on the air. He was upgrading to a larger antenna tuner, to go with his bigger amplifier, and sold me his working unit. It arrived, and I was anxious to ge back on HF, after a long respite. So, I got out the manual, and I made the connections and adjustments, as per the instruction manual. I attempted to initiate a tuning cycle, and NOTHING. The meters showed no RF, but my transmitter showed about 35 watts out, and the Daiwa meter, in line after the tuner, also showed similar output, after the tuner. So, I attempted to manually force an automatic tuning cycle. Still nothing. I worked with it, for 2-3 days, trying everything, and double checking everything, to no avail. This unit was broken. So, I contacter the seller, and he recommended a tech, fairly near me, to send it to, for a check out and repair, if needed. I got the word from the tech, today, that it DEFINITELY IS broken, but since LDG will not provide a schematic, there is no way to trace the problem. I had always had good luck with their tuners, in the past, but, this one was apparently broken, in transit, and USPS, though it was insured, for greater than it's value, will not allow the claim, because the box was not damaged. That doesn't mean that they didn't drop it, or something, and jar something loose inside, but they summarily dismissed the claim, with no appeal available. So, I would not, and could not, recommend this tuner. It is apparently too fragile to survive handling in shipment. I guess my next auto tuner, will be a PalStar. I KNOW Paul give good customer service. LDG, on the othr hand, is no longer going to be in my shack.

F5MWA Rating: 3/5 May 1, 2012 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Need to get used to it !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the LDG AT-1000Pro from HRO because it was on sale at the end of 2011. It is the old model with analog 2 needles instrument. I was disappointed at first because it kept loosing the setting during transmission. My power amplifier gives aro. 2-300 Watts. All the led's started blinking and the needles went cazy. So I lost some nice contacts. After a while, however, I found out that the best way to have it working is to tune (according to the manual) with not more than 5-10 watts, then switch off the auto tunig feature. Since I work this way, the tuner performs flawlessly and I have no problems with it. Do N0T keep the auto-tuning switch on after tuning, especially if you run your amplifier at high power ! Just use the auto tuning position to tune at low power, then switch it off. The tuner memories work ok and they "remember" the frequencies I often use quite well.
All in all it is a rig worth its money (399$). Of course it cannot compete with more expensive rigs, but for me it's fine because I do not work with more than 3-400 Watts.

KD8MJR Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2012 15:13 Send this review to a friend
You Need To Read The Manual !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned an AT-1000Pro for about 2 years and it has was worked perfectly with my 750 watt Amp and a G5RV going from 80M to 10M.

After reading the reviews I can only conclude that half the people have just NOT spent the time to read the manual. Most of the problems are due to the Fact that people think the correct mode to leave the tuner in is Full Auto mode. If you leave the Tuner in full auto mode you will have nothing but problems but if you put it in manual mode and have a tuner control cable from your radio to the Tuner the 1000Pro is a joy to use.

All I do is change bands on the radio put the amp in bypass and then press the Tune button on the AT-1000 and bam it tunes the swr down to 1.4:1 on every band in less than a second.

I spent about 3 hours when I first got it programming all it's memory banks with the settings for my Antenna, then I tweaked a few bands using the manual L&C controls. If you do the programming on day one there is absolutely no need to use Full Auto tune because the tuner already has the settings

If you leave it in Full Auto mode the Tuner will constantly be trying to tune your SWR to the SWR you selected as optimum during setup. If the Tuner cannot get it down to optimum it will keep trying to do so every time you key the Mic, it will also do it if your SWR changes due to heavy rain etc. All this tuning can blow up your Amp or the Tuner, plus there’s the Clack Clack sound that people in Auto mode have to deal with daily.

W4AFB Rating: 0/5 Apr 4, 2012 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have three other LDG tuners. The AT-100pro, Z-11pro and Z-817. They all tune my 40 extended double zepp perfectly on all bands. I have added an old SB-200 amp, so I bought the AT-1000pro in July 2011. I used it one and it quit tuning. I sent it back for repair. When I got I back it was late September. I didn't get a chance to try it until January. When I did it locked up. I couldn't get it to do anything. I sent it back January 13th. I got it back mid March. They replaced the CPU. Then later that week I got a CPU upgrade from them.

I installed the upgrade and powered it up. It will not remember tuning settings most of the time. It also starts tuning again after it has just found a good match. It is erratic. Sometimes it will tune on a certain band, and then it won't the next time.

Last time I had to send it back for repair I could not get ahold of anyone. I tried for a WEEK. I just sent it back with a letter.

I want my money back This tuner is junk. It's a shame, as the other three LDG tuners I have are wonderful.