Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000Pro Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000Pro
LDG AT-1000Pro Reviews: 56 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $599
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000, LDG Electronics has refined and expanded its 1KW tuner. The AT-1000Pro has an Auto mode that automatically starts a tuning cycle when the SWR exceeds a limit you set.

Operates at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak. Relay protection software prevents tuning at greater than 125 watts. 2 Antenna connections. Tunes from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz (including 6 meters). Tuning time usually under 4 seconds, transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, under 0.2 seconds. 2000 memories.

2-Year Warranty. All cables included.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000Pro.

N0PL Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2012 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of the Pros. I've found the answer to stable tuning is a good ground. I have had no problems. Have run 900 watts SSB without any problems.

K4JAH Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2012 22:03 Send this review to a friend
WORKS SO WELL I NOW HAVE ANOTHER ONE  Time owned: more than 12 months
ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THE LIGHT BURNED OUT TO SOON. THE SERVICE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT.

W1TXT Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2011 02:53 Send this review to a friend
Works okay here  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The radio configuration here is an Elecraft K-Line and a 160M loop at 70' fed with 450 ohm ladder line, a 4:1 balun and coax.

I've owned the tuner for about 6 months now and after putting some ferite's around the power connectors for the tuner and radio, things are working fine. An email to LDG was quickly replied to, indicating what to do. Prior to that, I had issues w/the tuner going into tune mode while I was transmitting as others have mentioned.

I also had the meter bulb go out on me and ended up replacing it.

DK7BY Rating: 4/5 Dec 5, 2011 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Working fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi!

I own this Tuner now since 2 month. Itīs quite loud, but very stable. Doing itīs work fine with my 700 watt amp. I use a coax cable with a balun at its end feeding an open wire to a 2x20 mtrs dipole. Works fine, but donīt forget this tuner can not handle every situation you produce with any antennas and any feeding lines. And donīt forget: no tuner can handle every situation. So in some bands i have to change the balun from 1:4 to 1:1. That fixes most impedance and reactance problems.

Conclusion: You have to use your mind, even with LDG Tuners ;-). Make some experiences with different feeding cable lenght and matching networks, switch off "automatic" tune mode.

AA6TJ Rating: 2/5 Oct 15, 2011 06:28 Send this review to a friend
Meter Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the AT-1000PRO for about 18 months. Over that time I have been reasonably satisfied with the product. However last week the meter light burned out. It turns out that the meter LDG uses has a soldered in, proprietary incandesent lamp. Replacing it involves unsoldering the entire meter, taking the meter apart, buying the lamp from Cheap Ham (the only place to buy it), soldering the new lamp, reinstalling the meter, and resoldering the meter. The instructions state that proper installation of the AT1000PRO is to connect it to an 11 to 15 volt power source. LDG advises that connecting it to a 13.8 volt power supply will accelerate meter lamp burnout. If you buy or have this product I would suggest you not connect it to your typical 13.8 power supply but rather buy a separate 12 volt power supply. It will be well worth the extra money. LDG seems to have no immediate plans to remedy this problem.

K6HR Rating: 0/5 Oct 9, 2011 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Won't Hold A Tune!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like many others I replaced a lower power MFJ with the LDG-1000PRO after adding an amplifier. What a mistake. This tuner is constantly trying to tune, quite often it starts tuning again after it went grinding along for a long time trying to find a tune in the first place. I borrowed an MFJ-998 from a friend to compare and the MFJ worked flawlessly. I wrote to LDG to ask a question and received a rude 'one word' reply. They obviously need to be schooled in customer service. Eventually I discovered they were offering an eprom upgrade, so I guessed they had figured out their tuning algorithm had problems. I did reveive a free eprom in the mail after asking for it, but it failed to fix the problem of constant grinding. After the 'upgrade' eprom failed I sold the LDG AT-1000PRO and purchased another (high power) MFJ and now living happily ever after. No more tuning problems. I should have replaced it a long time ago. Now I think about all that wasted time and crappy service and I wonder why I ever got involved with LDG.

K7WHB Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2011 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Best of 6 tuners I've owned  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the 1000 barefoot with both hybird and solid state transcievers as well as with an 800 watt Amp. Tuning both vertical and wire antennas -- both 50 ohm coax feeds. It has worked flawlesly for over a year and a half. The ONLY problems I've had were "pilot error." I will say that my station is well grounded and there is virtually no RFI in my shack -- other equipment nearby would has always let me know when somethings loose or leaky. I maintain a "cheat sheet" of instructions at hand -- useful particularly if I go a month or so without operating. Gives a great range of matches from 160 to 10 -- and I don't operate on 6 meters.

KI6WIK Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2011 00:38 Send this review to a friend
2nd LDG tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second LDG tuner, my first was the 100 model, I should have kept it as a back up tuner. I replaced the 100 for a Palstar AT2K, its now back in its box. I have shoulder problems, and reaching for the tuner every time I change bands or frequencies takes its toll. I love the ease of use this tuner has to offer, yes it is noisy, but that is the nature of the beast. I use it on my homebrew OCF dipole 80-10m no problems, even fired up the AL-811 on 80m still no problems. I have a new shack, new ground system, all equipment grounded. I agree you can't through a wire out there and tune it with this type of tuner. Read the manual!!

DL1TTX Rating: 0/5 Jun 22, 2011 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Waste of money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Super noisey machine , which can't hold the
antenna match. If you are in a qso it's a
gamble - will it keep the match or try an other
cycle - super for your TX and PA ! ( no better
if you change the swr threshold )
Sent it back for a check .. same story afterwards.
I'm using now the MFJ 986 .. exellent .. that it.

K2SRB Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2011 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've played with many tuners. This one tunes my 80M loop (a mystery antenna)wonderfully. 6M to 160M. I do admit that 160M is a bit more difficult for the LDG 1000 Pro and it whines for a while (10 seconds?)Yet it gives me an VSWR below 2.0. All other bands are below 1.5....1.2...1.1 Its got to be a mismatch of equipment for poor reviews as with any other review.