Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | N5ZTW TiniCAT TC+SC-YP Computer/Rig interface kit Help

Reviews Summary for N5ZTW TiniCAT TC+SC-YP Computer/Rig interface kit
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40
Description: CAT level converter+digital mode interface for Yaesu Portable radios

You can write your own review of the N5ZTW TiniCAT TC+SC-YP Computer/Rig interface kit.

N5ALE Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2009 12:36 Send this review to a friend
great kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this kit because I could access the external transmit line for an external amp while keeping my computer control lines with out a mess of cables. The kit went together very well. With only a few surface mount resisters it was all down hill after those were installed. The interface kit was very well made and had all parts including solder and labels that were needed. The cable kits are very complete and work very well. If I were to do this again I would look for premade cables as these were more difficult to build due to the small size of the connectors than the kit itself. After I built and tested the interface I modified it by adding an RCA connector to the end with the audio connectors for the external amp key line as well as an external power RCA connector on the other side. I now can key my amp with the mike as well as the digital modes and power the ampkeyer interface. Over all this is an excellent quality kit with very good instructions.