Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu SP-2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SP-2000
Yaesu SP-2000 Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: Speaker designed as an accessory for the FT-2000 line of Tranceivers
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SP-2000.

KC8WAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 18:58 Send this review to a friend
great speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this is the best speaker I ever had or saw
there is 2 input for another radio
but!! Now I have feedback through the speaker on the other input why??
yaesu only give's one wire
I bought the other one at radio shank
any help will be great

K2PJW Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2010 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Nice Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had issues with the speakers in my radios sounding tinny, hollow, etc. I have searched high and low for a solution. Finally , I found what I was looking for. The SP-2000 is the answer for me. The filter settings are a great feature and in addition to the settings in the radio equipment, you can nicely tailor any mode. I enjoy AM dx'ing and swl'ing, in addition to my regular ham activities. This speaker makes listening to any of these modes relaxing and fun. I bought this speaker to compliment my FT-950 and it did. I hooked up my little FT-450 to the speaker and what a difference, as the FT-450 stock speaker sounds like crap IMHO.

The price on these great speakers varies considerably from dealer to dealer. Be sure to look around.

From someone who is picky about their receive audio, I highly recommend this speaker.

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2010 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Speaker!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased a SP-2000 DSP Speaker which was on sale from HRO Portland several months ago to use with my FT-1000MP. (Great folks by the way!) The pair of them look like they were made for each other. The filters work great and the sound is full and pleasing. I generally hook my Heil headphones into the SP-2000 instead of the port in the radio. Great clarity and sound! It helps me hear and pull out the weak ones!

W7Rue - Rue Palmer

KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2009 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Sounding/Well Built  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a GREAT sounding speaker, put some insulation/cotton balls inside, and it sounds even better. This speaker is very well built (just try taking it apart), and looks GREAT next to my Yaesu FT-2000.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ

W7VO Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2009 13:57 Send this review to a friend
As advertised, Good product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a SP-2000 that I use on my FT-2000, and I am really pleased with the ability to adjust highs or lows with it. Built with good quality. Tonal quality with filters off seems OK too.

It seems a bit pricey though. With the dollar to the yen in the dumper at the moment, mine was $199 at HRO in Portland......

Of course, hams are spending over $150 on E-Pay for 15 year old SP-5s.....

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Jul 21, 2009 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Paid $169 from HRO. July-09

Nice sounding Communication speaker, price is a little high in my opinion.

High/Low Filters work good.

Workmanship looks / feels good also.

Have it hooked up to a Yaesu FT-450

So far so good. 73 K1WJ David

BG4TRF Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 23:08 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good for money though it cost me 190USD.

I've owned it for 6 weeks and it is just AMAZING.
MADE IN JAPAN and well built, big box and light weight. The height is designed for ft-2000 and looks a bit bigger sitting near my ft-950. The feet are able to be elevated as your transceiver for a perfect match.

Buildin filters likes low cut would beat the noise on SSB and high cut is very efficient for high frequency CW QRM. working great.

Selectable 2 input for 2 RIGs and one button instant mute are very handy.

The pity is only 1 supplied audio link cable. It's pretty difficult to find that kind of mono cable for me.

Highly recommended!

-Rolf DE BG4TRF

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2009 04:46 Send this review to a friend
Sounds Great, Looks Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
And the filters work. What more do you want?

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2008 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Great sound and filter capabilities  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've put my SP=2000 on my FT=2000, my FT-1000D AND my Kenwood 940SAT. Super clear and very balanced audio is abundant with this unit. The filter scheme is highly customizable with both high and low roll off's in various steps.

LA4WNA Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2008 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Top Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It looks well, but the best of all; it sounds great and the filter is working wery well.
I use it side by side with a Yaesu FT 1000 Mark-V, they looks nice and work great, the best line you can get if you ask me.

LA4WNA