Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair
Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $flat rate labor
Description: 2-Way & Amateur Radio Repair since 1959
More info: http://www.hamradioservices.com

You can write your own review of the Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair.

K4CWQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently got a good deal on a Ten Tec 580 Delta. However, the receive sensitivity was way down and it didn't operate at all on 30 meters.
Bill did a tune up and control cleaning and receiver now hot. He spent much time searching and finally found a crystal to put the rig on 30 meters.
Service was the best and rate was reasonable. Would highly recommend this company, especially for Ten Tec repairs.

K4RVN Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2017 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec no transmit Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill and his crew's new place location and facility is nice compared to the old one. The reasonable prices and quick turnaround are still in place on June 28, 2017. I thought I had blown the finals in my Omni 6 but Bill and his crew determined it was only the driver transistors. This is the third Ten Tec that they have repaired
for me. I am glad to have a repair place that does excellent work at a reasonable price. The old Omni 6 is back to normal and being used daily now.

Frank k4RVN

KC4THS Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2017 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-910H  Time owned: more than 12 months
Last year I needed a radio shop, after asking around to see who my friends used. I decided buy a new radio. I bought a Yaesu FT-991 at HRO in Atlanta. Talking to several customers about radios and repair shops, Skyland was mentioned as the best place to go. I checked them out on e-ham reviews. I gave Bill a call we talked about price and the issues I was having. I dropped the radio off on Friday and next Thursday was ready. A fair price and quick turnaround.
A month later my IC-775DSP it was dead and not the fuse. I looked around for parts. Called Icom again. Not supported. Seams Icom outsourced the PSU and no schematic for the PSU. I called Bill he said, I need to see it, might cost more than a new radio. Again about a week later he called approval to repair. I said do it, he said itís ready. WOW!
After telling everyone about this shop my friend Wrenford ask me to take his rare Icom IC-970H to Bill. I explained to Bill this radio belongs to a close friend. It had multiple issues 440 dead no display or TX power. Two weeks later Bill called. It can be fixed however one of the part needed to fully restore the 440 output power is an additional $300. He was able to locate the Icom NOS part. After 3 weeks the radio was restored 100%. Sometimes cost is not a factor. I brought it home and checked it out. It was worth every penny. This radio is head and shoulders above anything made. Thanks Bill

WB4VYB Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2017 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a Yaesu FTDX5000MP with the dreaded blinking red TX light & would not tune or transmit. Based on the excellent reviews and recommendations, called Bill & then dropped the rig off. In just about a week, it was repaired and at a very, very reasonable cost. The rig now works as good if not better than new. Highly recommend and will use again if the need arises.

W9CIN Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2016 06:55 Send this review to a friend
VERY PLEASED  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a Yaesu FTDX-1200 that would not turn on.
had heard great reports about this place.
so dropped of the rig and met Dennis the tec
He really new his stuff,, and was a super nice guy. after 3 working day's! ,I got a call
from Bill the owner that the rig was ready to pick up. the repair cost was very reasonable.
It suffered a power surge thru the power supply.
Bill was very nice and a pleasure to do business with. I will be back whenever I have any repairs needed.

WA4CYP Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With regime change at Ten Tec I hesitated to send the ailing 6N2 which I had just purchased back home - so I called on Bill Waller instead. He advised me that a previous owner had attempted to install a factory TCXO, but got the wiring wrong. He installed the module correctly, commenting "I don't know that it needs it, but it's in there now!". He also aligned the transceiver, and repaired a sticking S-meter: all for the flat rate of $150 plus $30 shipping. It's great to have an experienced and flexible tech who will keep our older ham gear running for a reasonable price!

K0RON Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding A+++  Time owned: months
Had problems with my Yaesu FT 990 shutting down and returns to factory reset. Was told by one Yaesu repair shop that it can not be repaired that it needs a new processor board. Well it sat around until talking to the group on 160m, said to call Bill at Skyland in Gainesville, GA.
Explained the problem and he said they have an idea it could be the PS regulator board was the problem from previous experience with the ft 990.

Repaired and back in line working perfect. Great turn around.
Good Job to all at Skyland!
Ron (k0ron)

WA8NSS Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2016 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Superb Ten Tec service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I delivered a DOA TenTec jupiter jan13. Bill called jan19 to notify me my radio was done in less than a week! My repair charge was very reasonable and he also installed my encoder I supplied at n/c. My radio operates like new again.. If they can find the parts they can fix anything including ten tecs.. They also repaired my friends jupiter last fall. I highly recommend them!!

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 21:58 Send this review to a friend
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA  Time owned: more than 12 months
A NOTHER GREAT REPAIR JOB DROPPED MY THF6 CRACKED A BOARD BILL SAID NO PROB GOT RADIO BACK LIKE NEW

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2015 02:35 Send this review to a friend
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA  Time owned: more than 12 months
BILL GOT MY DR-635T ON WED 5/13/15 AT 2PM CALLED THUR 5/16/15 LATE AFTERNOON RADIO WAS DONE GREAT PRICE +VERY FAST SERVICE WILL USE AGAIN