Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair
Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $flat rate labor
Description: 2-Way & Amateur Radio Repair since 1959

You can write your own review of the Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair.

W9CIN Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2016 06:55 Send this review to a friend
VERY PLEASED  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a Yaesu FTDX-1200 that would not turn on.
had heard great reports about this place.
so dropped of the rig and met Dennis the tec
He really new his stuff,, and was a super nice guy. after 3 working day's! ,I got a call
from Bill the owner that the rig was ready to pick up. the repair cost was very reasonable.
It suffered a power surge thru the power supply.
Bill was very nice and a pleasure to do business with. I will be back whenever I have any repairs needed.

WA4CYP Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With regime change at Ten Tec I hesitated to send the ailing 6N2 which I had just purchased back home - so I called on Bill Waller instead. He advised me that a previous owner had attempted to install a factory TCXO, but got the wiring wrong. He installed the module correctly, commenting "I don't know that it needs it, but it's in there now!". He also aligned the transceiver, and repaired a sticking S-meter: all for the flat rate of $150 plus $30 shipping. It's great to have an experienced and flexible tech who will keep our older ham gear running for a reasonable price!

K0RON Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding A+++  Time owned: months
Had problems with my Yaesu FT 990 shutting down and returns to factory reset. Was told by one Yaesu repair shop that it can not be repaired that it needs a new processor board. Well it sat around until talking to the group on 160m, said to call Bill at Skyland in Gainesville, GA.
Explained the problem and he said they have an idea it could be the PS regulator board was the problem from previous experience with the ft 990.

Repaired and back in line working perfect. Great turn around.
Good Job to all at Skyland!
Ron (k0ron)

WA8NSS Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2016 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Superb Ten Tec service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I delivered a DOA TenTec jupiter jan13. Bill called jan19 to notify me my radio was done in less than a week! My repair charge was very reasonable and he also installed my encoder I supplied at n/c. My radio operates like new again.. If they can find the parts they can fix anything including ten tecs.. They also repaired my friends jupiter last fall. I highly recommend them!!

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 21:58 Send this review to a friend
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA  Time owned: more than 12 months
A NOTHER GREAT REPAIR JOB DROPPED MY THF6 CRACKED A BOARD BILL SAID NO PROB GOT RADIO BACK LIKE NEW

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2015 02:35 Send this review to a friend
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA  Time owned: more than 12 months
BILL GOT MY DR-635T ON WED 5/13/15 AT 2PM CALLED THUR 5/16/15 LATE AFTERNOON RADIO WAS DONE GREAT PRICE +VERY FAST SERVICE WILL USE AGAIN

K4RVN Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2015 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Delivered My Omni 6 Plus to Bill on Feb. Mon. Feb. 9, 2015 around 3 PM. Bill Called Tuesday afternoon
about 6 PM Feb 10 and said it was repaired. I picked it up next day after lunch. It was in good repair and worked like it should, no issues I could find. I really appreciate a place to get my radios repaired quickly and for a reasonable price. This is my second repair that Bill Clairmont Skyland Radio and TV Repair has done for me. Both were very satisfactory, no complaints
from 2.5 years ago or this latest one.

N2XJS Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Let me tell you something about Bill and his crew...one word sums it up = OUTSTANDING! Bill received my radio in the morning, bench tested it and called within hours with a very fair price to fix the problems. Returned my radio within days and I was very happy with the transaction. Friends of mine have also used his shop for repairs with the same quality service! This shop deserves a 5 out of 5 rating and shouldn't be 4.8 because of one post that sounds like mis-communication.

Anyway...Bill and his staff not only work on Alinco's but just about everything Electronic under the sun.

I would definitely give him a call for your repair needs.

73 de Tony N2XJS

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 07:55 Send this review to a friend
So Glad I Did  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Bill my Kenwood TS-50 HF Radio. Had lot's of issues. Not a problem for Bill and his staff. Fixed the rig quickly and I must say, "IT'S WORKING great". Quick turn around and very reasonable! Special thanks to Tony N2XJS for telling me about Bill's service! Would definately use him next time I have gear that is need of repair!

N4TOL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied Customer  Time owned: months
Repair was done on time, reasonable price, very friendly service.