Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair
Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $flat rate labor
Description: 2-Way & Amateur Radio Repair since 1959

You can write your own review of the Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair.

N2XJS Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Let me tell you something about Bill and his crew...one word sums it up = OUTSTANDING! Bill received my radio in the morning, bench tested it and called within hours with a very fair price to fix the problems. Returned my radio within days and I was very happy with the transaction. Friends of mine have also used his shop for repairs with the same quality service! This shop deserves a 5 out of 5 rating and shouldn't be 4.8 because of one post that sounds like mis-communication.

Anyway...Bill and his staff not only work on Alinco's but just about everything Electronic under the sun.

I would definitely give him a call for your repair needs.

73 de Tony N2XJS

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 07:55 Send this review to a friend
So Glad I Did  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Bill my Kenwood TS-50 HF Radio. Had lot's of issues. Not a problem for Bill and his staff. Fixed the rig quickly and I must say, "IT'S WORKING great". Quick turn around and very reasonable! Special thanks to Tony N2XJS for telling me about Bill's service! Would definately use him next time I have gear that is need of repair!

N4TOL Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied Customer  Time owned: months
Repair was done on time, reasonable price, very friendly service.

W4JOP Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2013 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Prompt Fast Reasonable Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Another fine job by Bill Waller and his team at Clairmont; he tuned up my TS-930S and got it in ship-shape in short order. Very reasonable. Would recommend him to anyone in the greater ATL area...I call him "Boat Anchor Bill".

WA4OYX Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2012 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and fine work SX101A and NC183D  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you to Bill and his staff for the excellent restoration and repair work on two of my boatanchors. Friendly service and very fast. Prices are also reasonable. Will do business again (already has the third item).

WA4ZXV Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2012 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Quick and Reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took in my FT990 which quit after about 5 years of 24x7 as NTSD station. After taking the cover off and trying it on 12 volts which still did not work, I took it to Skyland. In two days, the radio was repaired as well as a meter lamp which I did not report. Charge was fair and service was quick. This shop is in Atlanta

K4RVN Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2012 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec Omni 6 plus Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The USPS ran a fork lift into the shipping box from the seller of my Omni 6 Plus. Since they were in my metro area, I called Bill and explained the problems and asked if he repaired Ten Tec transceivers.He replied yes so I drove out and hand delivered it about 30 miles from my QTH. The radio looked and worked great. Bill even had my bent case parts straight to my surprise. All and all it was a quality repair at a reasonable price in a short time. I will be going back for future repairs when needed on my equipment. Quaint little shop, but expert repairs
in two days for me.

KD4BO Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2012 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Good ham radio repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have recently used Bill at Clairmont Skyland Radio and TV repair to bring a Kenwood TS820 back to life and a TS690 got the audio output repaired. Both done quickly and reasonably by Bill and his knowledgeable staff.

WA4BLM Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Work & Quick Return  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They repaired two IC-765's for me and did a great job and very quick turnaround for a good price. I would highly recommend them.

W9MMJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2012 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Prompt/thorough service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair on three occasions during the last year or so which included two HTs and my dated but trusty Yaesu FT-101E. On each service need, I was especially impressed with Bill's (Waller) detailed analysis of the problems and his efficient repair and turnaround time on each occasion. Communication with Bill was also excellent. I would greatly recommend contacting Clairmont Skyland (Bill) regarding any repairs needed no matter what rig you have on the sick list. Thanks...Bill