Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair
Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $flat rate labor
Description: 2-Way & Amateur Radio Repair since 1959

You can write your own review of the Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair.

WA4QKV Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2012 13:10 Send this review to a friend
repair on a Kenwood ts-570d  Time owned: months
Bills shop has always done Quality work for Me.he is honest ans his techs are very knowledgeable on most radios from the very latest state of the art down to the old tube rigs,SWANS,Collins and all the old favorites!
He just repaired a TS-570D I bought on Qrz that was a basket case.Sadly the seller was not aware he sold me a rotten radio.{or Was he?} anyway Bill called me as he always does and Told me the problems and I had my radio back in record time!
I would give Bills store an A plus any time!!

KS4YX Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2012 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
I have used Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Repair in Atlanta on two occasions. I have found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. My repairs were done quickly; the charges are very reasonable, and the guys always seem to do a little extra. I would highly recommend this repair service.

KE4SWC Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2011 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Fast turnaround  Time owned: more than 12 months
I dropped off an old Kenwood TM- 742a and a Drake R8 to be repaired. The Kenwood had just stopped working, but Bill said he had an idea of what was wrong. The R8 had a dead display and was not sensitive to signals at all. He had no clue but said he would give it a look.

The Kenwood was fixed the very next day!! He was correct in his assessment that a capacitor had leaked on the main board. There were several suspect caps and he replaced them all.

The Drake was easier. The display connector was extremely lose. The front end needed a little tuning. Just a little time on the bench and it is good as new!! It was fixed in a day also!

It's a bit of a drive for me to get to his shop, but it's worth it. I cannot recommend his shop enough!!!

KE4CQ Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2011 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Great experience!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had my first experience with Clairmont Skyland Radio a few days ago. The owner, Mr. Bill Waller is very friendly and went above and beyond to accomodate the repair of my newly acquired Drake L-4B amplifier. My amp is up and running! Good job. Thank you, KE4CQ

KA5JRX Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2011 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Clairmont Skyland Radio Repair for problems that were above my knowledge and capabilities. They diagnosed the problems and repaired two of my old Kenwood radios. It is very hard to find technicians of their caliber that have the expertise and experience necessary to repair the older tube equipment. I find their rates charged for their bench time and parts to be very fair. Bill stayed in contact with me and I appriciated that alot. One of the most experienced technicians I have ever met works for Skyland and his name is Dennis. Seems that he has evolved through the years and is able to work on the older radios as well as the newest equipment. The shop looks like something out of the book of nostalgiia and it is obvious that those guys have been repairing radios for a long time. I will use Bill and Dennis for all of my radio repairs every time I need help for as long as they are open for business. I am fortunate to live within a one hour drive from the Skyland Radio Repair Shop in the Atlanta area. I highly recommend them to all radio enthusiast that can not repair their own equipment. Keep those tube rigs glowing. Thanks for reading and 73's.

KL7BOB Rating: 0/5 Oct 31, 2010 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Clairmont Skyland Service.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
They had my Alinco DX70 for about 9 months with no communications to me unless I called. They had no e-mail address. The Alinco is having some problems that I thought were fixed and I'm sending it off to another shop. I would not recommend Clairmont Skyland.

KA5POW Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2010 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Alinco repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
It took 2 weeks from the time Bill received my radio until I got it back. He called within a day of receiving it to give me an estimate. He fixed all that was wrong and made A modification. His prices are very reasonable. He was very responsive to my e-mails and questions on the phone. He says he fixes all brands of amateur gear. He will get my business again and I will recommend him to others.

KF4MGN Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2010 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Another repair, More great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well, I went in this time with a Yaesu 897 that I broke the rotary encoder switch (top right knob that twirls and pushes) off of. Long story short, he fixed it in a short amount of time and it works and looks great. I still highly recommend Bill for any and all radio, etc, repairs.

Thanks again,
Randy Morris
KF4MGN

KJ4JGD Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2009 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied Customer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Called the listed number reached Bill on second ring. He was friendly and helped me diagnose my problem over the phone. Radio arrived at their shop on Monday and was shipped back completed the next day. Couldn't ask for better service.

JWDEN123 Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2009 15:35 Send this review to a friend
Icom 756 repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not the most impressive looking shop I've ever been in, but the techs are good and seem very conscientious. Bill worked with me on a weird problem that turned out not to be a radio malfunction but an intermittant power cable issue. He suggested what the problem probably was and was 100% correct. All I was charged was a very reasonable bench charge even though he spent a couple of hours trobleshooting and testing.

I was quite satisfied with these folks and will use them again if I need radio work done.