Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | A.R. Kalmus M200-U Help

Reviews Summary for A.R. Kalmus M200-U
A.R. Kalmus M200-U Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Solidly built 200 watt solid state mil-spec linear amplifier that can be used on 220MHz.
More info: http://www.arkalmus.com/home_modular_rf.cfm

You can write your own review of the A.R. Kalmus M200-U.

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2007 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Great 220MHz amp!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this amp in an eBay deal. No manual was included, so I called AR Kalmus. $150 and a few days later, I had one in my hand. (An eBay seller promised to send me a power supply for the amp in exchange for a copy of the manual- he never came through!) This amp requires 28VDC. It's built for the military, so you know what to expect. It works great! My antenna is only rated for 125 watts, so I could not test it at full power, but I have a new antenna I'll be putting up soon that will take a kilowatt. The factory power supply is a little noisy, so I highly recommend an Astron. I did not get the amp warm enough for it's internal fans to come on, so I can't comment on that yet. It's adjustable (switched) from 50-100-150-200 watts. Also, it's RF switched, so will work with most any 5 watt radio. Murphy's Surplus has one for sale that is modded for greater frequency excursions, supposedly it will operate to 800MHz. I have seen these sell for up to $2000.00 (no power supply included) on eBay when a bunch of them hit the market a few years ago. I like it a lot!