Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Array Solutions BandMaster Universal Band Decoder Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions BandMaster Universal Band Decoder
Array Solutions BandMaster Universal Band Decoder Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: Small but Powerful, this Band Decoder has more features then any Band decoder made an it even costs less then the closest competitors unit. Made in the USA and supported for life.
Features:

Decodes 12 bands from 160M to 6M including 60M and 80M and 75M as seperate output.
Internal level converter for Icom CI-V and other non-RS232 radios
Can replace your existing level converter simplifying your wiring and it has very high drive capability.
Compatible with Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood/Elecraft, Ten-Tec radios
Each band output has two sets of relay contacts for sinking and sourcing outputs simultaneously. No extra optional equipment needed. (galvanically isolated outputs included - free)
No computer required for basic configuration or operation
Band edges can be custom configured via supplied application software - a very powerful feature.
RFI immune, and CE and FCC compliant - all metal case.
Free Firmware updatable via website download insures compatibility for new radios and new features
Highly flexible, filtered, static protected on comm. ports, etc. Built to be reliable in high RF/EMP environments
Easy to configure, not dependant on a PC program
Includes what others consider options in the basic unit.
Cables for Radios and PCs available turnkey. Range from $15 to $35.00
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/bandmaster.htm#top%20of%20page

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions BandMaster Universal Band Decoder.

VE2DX Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2008 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Bandmaster an incredible little box!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my BANDMASTER over the holidays, it is INCREDIBLE... the output are 3Amps rated relay contacts and there are TWO sets PER BAND... one to ground the other to a comon pin that... you guest it! could be attached to anything...

I config my box to use in CI-V... and this is great... I replaced my CT-17 by the Bandmaster, and the unit sits there controls my rig and sniffs out the CI-V commands from my rigs and changes band as I do... I could also configure other CAT like TENTEC, K2, Kenwood or yeasu... or even use ICOM Band Voltage or Yeasu BCD output from the rig... being an ICOM (FOR EVER!) type of guy! the best option for me was CI-V... it gave me 160M, separate 80/75M, 60M, WARC (30M, 17M and 12M), 6m and the normal 5 HF bands (80M, 40M, 20M, 15M and 10M)... a lot better then BCD or Band voltage switching...

Tested the unit with MixW, N1MM and Hamlogger32 and it worked 100%... even better tested the unit with NO COMPUTER attached... and it worked fine! the CI-V port is still sending commands with the frequency out and the BANDMASTER decodes them and switches the antenna!

even better... they included on the PCB outputs for CW and PTT from the RS232c cable from my PC! solder a couple of connectors on and VOILA!

I am looking at getting a second one for the other half of the SO2R setup here... this way I can fully automate the 2X6 SixPack...

Richard VE2DX