Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CocoaNEC 2.0 Help

Reviews Summary for CocoaNEC 2.0
CocoaNEC 2.0 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: NEC antenna design and modeling software for Macintosh OS X computers
running on both Intel and PowerPC chips
More info: http://homepage.mac.com/chen/index.html

You can write your own review of the CocoaNEC 2.0.

WB0OEW Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 16:14 Send this review to a friend
love the programming interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is definitely my go-to app for all NEC antenna modeling for many reasons:

1. I find the C-like programming tool much more flexible and easier to use than the EZNEC-AutoEZ kludge for automatic optimizations.
2. I purchased a license for NEC-4 from LLNL and it integrated seamlessly.
3. CocoaNEC has several extensions beyond NEC, such as several different impedance terminations and coax and twin-lead models.
4. Very nice user interface and presentations.
5. It's completely free, including source code for self-study or to add your own contributions.

My sincerest thanks to author Kok Chen, W7AY, for his hard work and generosity.

K5HFI Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2012 21:44 Send this review to a friend
I love this app  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the easiest to use antenna modeling app I have tried. I was creating models in minutes and can now create fairly complex models with ease. Can't say how much I really love this app. As an experienced C/C++ programer the programing style API was very intuitive and powerful. I have modeled dozens of antennas I was thinking of building. It only took a couple of hours to get an optimized 3 element 5 band quad designed.

NH7L Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2007 01:41 Send this review to a friend
Worth the wait  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally there's an excellent antenna design and modeling application for Mac-using hams. Chen, W7AY, a retired Apple software engineer, has produced an elegant and easy to use product. It's of the same quality -- outstanding -- as CocoaModem, his recently released digital modes application. A lot of expertise, thought and effort clearly have gone into these apps, and they're both free. I'd been thinking about buying a cheap Windows laptop just for the kinds of ham software that wasn't available for Macs. Every ham has different interests, but for me, I can do everything I need or want to do on my Mac now. I'm a happy camper.