Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Ten Tec Ultimate mobile antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec Ultimate mobile antennas
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Single band HF mobile antennas
More info: http://www.tentec.com

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec Ultimate mobile antennas.

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2006 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Very good back in the day. Pity they stopped making these.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The first rig I ever ran mobile was a Kenwood TS-660 back in the mid '80s. It covered 6, 10, 12, and 15 meters. I had a trunk lip 3/8 threaded mount and used Ten Tec Ultimate single band antennas for 10, 12, and 15. They were on closeout at the time and were really inexpensive.

The Ten Tec Ultimate was a precursor to the Hamstick and the Valor PHF series. It was a similar design: a big coil and a stinger. It worked much like a Hamstick works today: very well. The only drawback was that you had to stop and change antennas to change bands.

As I remember these were quite well built. It's a pity Ten Tec stopped making them. I don't remember what happened to mine--if I destroyed them over time or sold them and replaced them with something else. It was many years ago. I do know that these antennas gave me years of good service and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some were still in use today.