Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Anli wh-716 VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Anli wh-716 VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: This is a short (27 cm) dual band mobile with claimed gain of 2.15 and 3 DBI on VHF/UHF respectivvely.
More info: http://www.anli.com/

You can write your own review of the Anli wh-716 VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna.

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2007 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this on my vehicle for over 6 years and it has withstood Manitoba winter cold and summer heat. It really should be seen as offering unity gain and is not really good for fringe areas of a repeater. But it is short, and will give decent local coverage. It is inconspicuous, which means that it does not attract attention. On the other hand it is not much use for locating your car in a crowded parking lot.

I had a 5/8 Larson, and that antenna did offer gain at some distance from the city, but it really took a beating in the underground garage where I park and finally snapped.

So you need to choose you compromise. For my money and needs this unit has worked well for me.