Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Sirio 2016 Help

Reviews Summary for Sirio 2016
Sirio 2016 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $130
Description: Monoband 5/8 groundplane for 26-29MHz
More info: http://www.sirioantenne.it/prodotti_ant.php?idc=1008171241&idg=1008171169&idp=60

You can write your own review of the Sirio 2016.

KG4FMQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 19:00 Send this review to a friend
Follow up!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a follow up review 6 months later! Still going strong and the SWR's have not changed! It has survived tornado winds of around 80+ MPH! NO LIE!!! I live in OKC Oklahoma, and I seen this antenna bent WAY over, and once the storm passed it stood back up straight! Sirio has the strength, and is still going strong! These antennas are built to last!

73's

ON4XA Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2013 08:23 Send this review to a friend
real multiband  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had it years and years ago to dxing on cb. A few monthes I buy it for 28MHz and I was really surprised to can use it on 14 and 7MHz without tuning. Yesterday I maked QSO's on 50MHz without tuning with a lot of hams. I can use it from 50.000 to 50.800. After I can not. Too high swr. I decided to buy now the Sirio Tornado 5060 for 6m. I will receive it in a few days. I hope it will be so good as the 2016.

PA9X Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2012 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Worth it's money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Best monoband vertical I ever worked with. Does a great job on 10m, has excellent bandwith and good performance. It's a sturdy antenna that survived over 8 years in our windy climate.

K1SMA Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned mine for 4 years now and have never had a problem with it. It is made of much stronger aluminum than maco's or jo gunns are and the joint pieces are very hard plastic. I have talked all over the world on mine and have been told that I am louder than a friend of mine with similiar setup and an Imax 2000. Would never go back.

G1NOR Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2009 16:31 Send this review to a friend
Buy One  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine for probably 10 years, quality rates as a 4 really, had a really high SWR, looked everywhere couldnt find problem till I took off the tower and stripped it. Completely broke in half inside the plastic coil spacer. It does get some serious wind here...Self tappers not good for larger sections. I repaired mine a month ago, (not easy) used rivets instead of self tappers where required; had to make replacement link from coil to radiator. Works as good as new even with losing 6" off the bottom. Best 10/11m vertical available! I have used them all, (been repairing CB since 1980) Why give it a 5? Price & general quality/design along with performance. Did I mention performance & design... worked EI stations the other evening at 5/9 on 80m ground wave,.. yes that's 80m,.. tunes a treat on my old FC101 for most bands except 160 of course... oh well - you cant have everything. 73 de G1NOR

VK7HDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2008 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Built to last  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for over 8 years. Built to take all types of WX. Even after all these years I have never had any SWR issues with it, wet or dry it sits solid on 1:2:1 across most of the 10m band and even up at 29.600MHz its sits about 1:6:1.

Its one of those antennas you never really think about because it never fails and that's what we all want in an antenna. As for other bands a ATU will get you there as a back up antenna.

AT072 Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2007 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Great performance, excellent quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this antenna for over 6 years. Survived windforce 11 couple of times, and still as straight as a skyscraper! Sirio used very high quality materials, and produced a very ridgid anetnna. The bandwith is over 2Mhz, making this 11m antenna excellent for 10m use. Even did ZL form NW Europe with just 30 watts. It also performs surprisingly well on 15m, 20m and 40m.