Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Channel master telescopic guyed mast Help

Reviews Summary for Channel master telescopic guyed mast
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $$49.95- $89.95
Description: 20 to 50 foot telescopic guyed mast

You can write your own review of the Channel master telescopic guyed mast.

TURBOBOB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2010 14:25 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised - Good Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This mast has done exactly as advertised so I am giving it a 5. I installed a 30 mast clamping it to a 2 water pipe which has four feet in the ground and three feet above ground. I have a two band (15m & 10m) Traffie hex beam on a Alliance HD-73 rotor mounted on the mast which is guyed at 20 and 30. Based on the previous comments on issues with freezing water, I drilled a small hole at the base of the mast for water drainage. So far this configuration has survived 50 mph wind gusts. I purchased this mast from Ace Hardware website which shipped it free to a local store.

Bob
K9FHY

N8UW Rating: 4/5 Apr 3, 2010 20:04 Send this review to a friend
Fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Similar experience. These are great for a new ham to play with wire antennas, etc. I've had 3 of them, and I did experience the splitting at the bottom, too. They work a lot better guyed. I put them up and did all kinds of stuff by myself, borrowed my dad's PHD (post hole digger) and a sack of quickcrete. I did need help to telescope the one I put a hexbeam on, though.

Also, they sell them at the local big box hardware store.

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Nov 3, 2007 18:48 Send this review to a friend
WORKS!!!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own 2 Channel Master telescopic guyed masts that i bought a couple of years ago. I have a 40' and a 30' up at the QTH.
Although they advertise them at 30 and 40' they are actually a few feet short of the advertised height. I guess they just round up the numbers, hi. My 40' mast has been up almost 2 years and last winter i experienced ice buildup inside the very bottom that caused the bottom to split open. In the spring i simply took down the mast(guy wires, antennas, and all) and cut off the bottom 5 foot and added 5 foot on the top of the pole. The mast is now up again supporting 2 doublets one for 80m and the other for 160m. So far so good. My 30' mast is mounted to the side of the back patio and has guy wires out to several different anchor points. It supports a 2 element triband beam and a weather vane. It has been up 2 years as well with no issues. Overall, im very satisfied with the masts that i have and would recommend them to anyone that needs a temporary or even a permanent guyed pole. A bit of advice; make sure you wear good heavy leather gloves!!!!! The sections will pinch fingers and palms very easily were they come together!!!!!