Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Amp Supply AT-1200 Help

Reviews Summary for Amp Supply AT-1200
Amp Supply AT-1200 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Older high power tuner-700W average 1200W PEP max per the manual

You can write your own review of the Amp Supply AT-1200.

W4WAV Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2017 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Great manual tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these used for $199, best buy I ever made! This vintage jewel will tune my end fed antenna from 160 to 10M with 1:1 SWRs. I only use 500W of power but it very happily tunes with no pops, arcs, or shakes. The band selection options are great, if it doesn't tune on the band selected, just move it up or down one and it will do the job. Now that I have one, I won't be selling it, ever.

KF5VUD Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2016 13:22 Send this review to a friend
Smells funny but tunes well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very happy with this so far. Found it on eBay for $100 and it looks new. Tunes my G5RV (converted to a doublet, running balanced line all the way into the shack) without issue, and in places where my Icom 7410 won't even try to tune. I like having the control of doing it by hand, though I will admit it's not exactly convenient to have to retune for every band. Just means I can't jump around a lot.

W5HM Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2016 11:59 Send this review to a friend
A great tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these tuners some years ago and never got around to using it until lately. I decided to install a G5RV antenna to use on 20 meters and my MFJ tuner would not tune it so I decided to try the AT-1200 by Amp Supply Co. It will tune this antenna anywhere on any frequency and not balk on me. I can't praise this tuner enough. It's well built and the components are first class. If you can find one, but it. You won't be sorry

W5JON Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2009 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Smoooooth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In this case the old saying, "they don't build them like they used to", is true. The variable caps and the coil are first class. This tuner is built solid and tunes almost anything. I found one in mint condition, and after reading the reviews here, I grabbed it, and I am very happy I did. All controls are smoooooth and easy to use. A great 1200 watt tuner if you can find one. The perfect tuner for tuning my ZS6BKW muli-band when traveling around the Caribbean, and handles my 450 watts with ease. A true "5".

KD5XB Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2009 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these in either 1982 or 1983 -- and I still have it! And it will match almost anything you can throw at it. My only regret is that it seems to have too much inductance to work on 6 meters, but the specs actually only allow up to 10 meters, so that's to be expected.

Sure wish the company was still around.

W4FOA Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2008 02:49 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Antenna Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these AT-1200 tuners and to say that I'm impressed with their performance is an understatement. Well constructed, easy to operate and a pleasure to own and use. If, a big IF, you can find one of these, I recommend you buy it.

N4ABA Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2007 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Matcher for mid to high power station  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Picked this up about 5 months ago...had to repair a switch contact which had been damaged by the previous owner (match the antenna on LOW power...!). After the repair, it has been in daily use. Seems to be able to match almost anything. I'm using it as my main antenna matcher now. If you can find one in good shape, grab it.