Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Batteries America BP-200XL Help

Reviews Summary for Batteries America BP-200XL
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Long life battery for Icom HT's like the T81A/E

You can write your own review of the Batteries America BP-200XL.

N7MSD Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Had for almost a year now, no problems!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A few things from almost a year of use:

1. The pack has worked flawlessly. In particular, I have managed not to fry it like I did my Maha and original Icom packs; of course, those I used Maha's universal rapid charger on, whereas this one I've used BA's own rapid charger. (The radio has a problem with charging packs.)

2. This pack is heavy. You feel like you're lugging around an old fashioned or commercial radio with this one.

3. This pack is LARGE! It won't fit cases assuming the older, thinner packs. But this isn't a bad thing: with this pack, the radio has a nice, square profile and the radio WON'T TIP OVER! W00T!! (If you have the Diamond SRH-999 or other long antenna, you can truly appreciate this!)

Overall, this is a big pack that gives you lithium-like capacity for radios that use it, in my case an Icom T81A. Unless I sell my radio, I'll be buying one again in the future.

(Oh, and had no problem with BA's personnel, either--they were very friendly, even with my persistent questioning!)

DK4CD Rating: 0/5 Dec 3, 2009 06:02 Send this review to a friend
No service and poor quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They send a faulty batterypack BP-200XL oversea. A connector inside was broken, so no voltage reading. I try to contact them, ask for a spare part, send pictures of the broken wire, but no response. Try to fix this, but when I look inside it is made by very simple a poor quality. Hard to reassemply the broken case. Never order batteries when you are overseas. Poor service!

KD5SPJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2007 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Awesome price on a great battery  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my Batteries America BP-200XL for my T81A/E. I have had it on my HT all day since 08:00, and have been transmitting on and off on high power durring the day. It is now 16:21 and I am still getting a reading of 10.0v when I switch it on! I'll bet I go at least till 20:00 or so or longer. I can not beleive this thing is still on! The stock 650mah battery would have puked in three hours of general use. It never laster the 7hr stand by time it was supposed to and never went more the 3 hrs transmitting. I'll rewrite another longer term review in a month or so.