Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Dremel Cordless Help

Reviews Summary for Dremel Cordless
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $$79.95 - $99.95
Description: Cordless Dremel tool for drilling, routing, cutting, ect ect..

You can write your own review of the Dremel Cordless.

WM9V Rating: 4/5 Jan 2, 2009 06:43 Send this review to a friend
nice product  Time owned: more than 12 months
i polished up all the slides and trigger groups on my collection of glocks with it using mothers aluminum polish
its a well made product and i liked it so well i went out and bought the corded product as well
i used the polishing tips till they were worn out

AC5E Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2007 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfactory  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one, used it once or twice a week for a year and was so satisfied I bought a second for my office. It beats a set of gouges and a mallet all hollow for some of the stuff I do at work. Easy to control, good life between charges, and it has plenty of power. Maybe a tad too much in hardwood.

My only gripe is the accessories packed with it. I have to buy too many pieces to get the core set of bits I use every day. But being lazy, I prefer a variety rather than trying to make one bit do everything.

73 Pete Allen AC5E

SSB Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2007 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Dremel 10.8 V lithium ion battery for over a year and it works great. The battery will stay charged for over a year while stored. I use the flexible shaft accessory most of the time and I wouldn't part with this tool, ever. I have corded Dremels and this cordless model is so much more convenient.

I think I have seen the previous reviewers reviews on other sites. He seems to have a vendetta to bad mouth this tool at every opportunity. Maybe you got a defective example. Give it up. You aren't swaying anybody who uses this tool.

Alex....

KC9GUZ Rating: 0/5 Nov 11, 2007 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Junk-- plain and simple  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My company bought one to replace an OLD Dremel corded tool a few months ago. After one week of light useage the battery failed to charge so we sent the tool, battery and charger back for warrantee work. We got it back in 2 weeks and i started to use it the day it came back. After about 15 minutes of useage it started to make a loud grinding noise. A few minutes later it completely quit. Lo and behold, we found out the gears in the gearbox were plastic and had stripped out! So back it went again. We got it back, but so far no one has used it yet. Dremel has really got a lemon with this new cordless drill/charger combo. If it were not for the plastic gears it would be a nice tool to use for simple small tasks...