Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | The Wiremans Flat-Top Help

Reviews Summary for The Wiremans Flat-Top
The Wiremans Flat-Top Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: CQ WIREMAN'S FLAT TOP kit - 130 feet stranded antenna wire, 100 ft. 3/32 Dacron rope, 75 feet ladderline, center & end insulators, instructions. With a decent tuner, work all HF bands at any power level. Simple to assemble; will work in a variety of configurations in most any location of 100 feet or more.
More info: http://thewireman.com/antacc.htm

You can write your own review of the The Wiremans Flat-Top.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2010 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Why Pay More For Less ?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought one at a Florida Ham Fest, had it up at 40 feet between 2 trees, it totally blew away a Vertical I had been using. Loaded pretty easy on all bands with a Johnson Matchbox. The old timers were right, any wire reasonably long enough for the lowest band fed with low loss ladder line will outperform many "miracle" antennas of today.

N4TDP Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2009 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this antenna at the Hamcation in Orlando a few months ago. I was in search of materials to build a doublet. With the assistance of AI4OF Phil, my search took me to see The Wireman for the materials. Upon arriving we met with a very kind man named Press. I explained my parts list. He said you want a doublet this "Wiremans Flat-Top" will fill your needs. Let me tell you it works great. I have the twin lead line coming into the house and in to a MFJ-947B balanced line tuner and it is a piece of cake to tune all bands. I have made several DX contacts to South America and the US with little effort, usually one call. If you want an all band antenna with little to no loss this is the one. Get your 100 watts all the way to the wire and talk to the world!!

KJ4CBB

AK7V Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2009 07:51 Send this review to a friend
The Wireman is great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've ordered a couple of times from The Wireman and been very pleased. Most recently I purchased the Flat Top antenna kit and everything is as described and of good quality. Shipping was quick and reasonable, and customer service has been top notch. I will continue to use The Wireman for my wire/feedline needs.

N1KDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2007 15:04 Send this review to a friend
totally worth the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have this thing installed in my deed-restricted lot. 110 feet long at 70 feet height. It is almost impossible to see, except for the feedline. And, it works great! I have 10 feet of coax to bring my signal outside the house, then a 4:1 balun into the ladder line. My transmatch can tune the antenna for less than 1.5:1 SWR almost everywhere. How can you go wrong for $50?