Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Xantrex XPower Powerpack 400R Help

Reviews Summary for Xantrex XPower Powerpack 400R
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $149.99
Description: Powered by a rechargeable battery, XPower Powerpack 400R provides up to 400 watts of AC power. It can jump start a car, truck, boat or small RV and includes a built-in air compressor for inflating tires, small sport and camping equipment and more. The system also operates a wide range of DC products. Ideal for power emergencies, XPower Powerpack 400R comes with a built-in emergency light, jumper cables and amber light cover. Integrated AM/FM radio and digital alarm clock provides access to music, talk radio and news.
More info: http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/177/p/1334/pt/30/product.asp

You can write your own review of the Xantrex XPower Powerpack 400R.

KE5OFO Rating: 4/5 Nov 16, 2007 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Portable 12v Power Pack  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was given this power pack two years ago when we had Huricane Rita come through Houston. It sat in the closet for a long time until I rememberd it and pulled it out to power my HT-470 one night when I was haveing trouble getting in to one of the local repeaters on the 7.2v battery. Now I use it all the time to sit out on my patio and get on the air.

It has many very handy features for the protable ham. It has two diffent 12v outputs. One is the standard cig lighter outlet and the second is a plug for the supplied jumper cables. I use the cig lighter outlet with the adaptor on my Yaesu FT4-70 and have had absoluty no problems. I have also used the jumper cables clamped directly to the power cables on a Motorola Maxtrac with out any trouble. I would like eventualy to build a jumper to go from the jumper cable outlet to powerpoles.

It also has a 400w 110VAC inverter with two outets. I have used this to power my laptop at the same time as my HT and there is no RF hash or interference at either VHF or UHF frequencys. At this time I do not have an HF radio to test at those freqs.

It also has a small AM/FM brodcast radio and lcd clock. This is the cause of my 4 rating over the 5. When I pulled it out of storage I found that the lcd display had gone bad. Now this is just a very minor issue since this part is almost a seprate unit built in the door that covers the charging port. As for the power supply itself I would give it a 10.

I also like the included light that can be used to read paperwork in an emergency situation.

The power unit also includes a LED display for precentage of charge left and audible alarms for low voltage and overheating. I have never tripped these so can't coment on them. The display is very handy though.

I would higly recomend this unit to anyone looking for a prebuilt 12v Battery/inverter unit for portable or emergency use.

Kerry
KE5OFO - Spring, TX

The following is from the Xantrex website and all the accessorys are inculded with the unit.

Product Features

Runs 115-volt AC or 12-volt DC products anywhere
Built-in 400 watt inverter

Sealed, non-spillable 20 amp-hour AGM battery

250 PSI air compressor for inflating tires and small sports equipment

AM/FM radio

Digital alarm clock

Jumper cables designed for safe and efficient jump-starting

Built-in light provides illumination in emergency situations at home and on the road

3-digit display allows for easy battery status monitoring

Audible alarm signals overheat and under voltage conditions

Overload and over-temperature protection to ensure longer inverter life

AC charger stored in the unit
Recharge at home or from a vehicle

Accessories

Jumper Cables - use XPower Powerpack 400R to jump-start your vehicle

Nozzle Adapters - pump air into your vehicle tires or small inflatable sports equipment

AC Charger - recharge XPower Powerpack 400R from a standard wall outlet

DC Charging Cable - recharge XPower Powerpack 400R from your car, truck, boat or RV

Red light cover with intermittent feature turns flashlight into flashing amber light for emergencies

Accessory bag