Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Koss UR 40 headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Koss UR 40 headphones
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Portable headphones with noise cancelling. Sold by Radio Shack

You can write your own review of the Koss UR 40 headphones.

NO2A Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2009 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently bought these headphones from Radio Shack. They sound fine,with a good bass response. They are quite comfortable and stay put on your head and ears. It comes wired with the standard eighth inch jack,and an eighth to quarter inch adapter included. Be careful not to break the small gauge wiring. Lifetime guarantee. I use these with my HF transceiver,haven`t tried them for listening to music.

VA6LJH Rating: 4/5 Nov 17, 2007 14:48 Send this review to a friend
good light units  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had 2 pairs of these. They sound better than anything of a similar price. The first set were damaged when I stepped on the cord and tore it apart, I was still wearing them. They were replaced no questions asked with me paying the shipping. The ones I have now are very similar sounding. The bass is better than what I previously used for a discman, but the highs aren't as nice as AKG phones I own that cost 3x as much. For the shack the sound is nice, but i needed more isolation and now use Koss Pro4AA's.
They have a weak point and that is a weak cord. The warranty is for life it seems.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2007 13:35 Send this review to a friend
I killed mine! :-(  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought a set of these this spring so i could have a set of portable phones to use on my stereo and for my HF gear. I purchased mine at Radio Shack on sale for $49.95 (they were 59.95) and also bought a adapter for the smaller phone plug on my portable CD player. They worked absolutely GREAT when they were working. I used them on both my Icom 746 and my Kenwood TS 830S with great results. What i really liked about them was they folded up for easy storage. They were very well made and very light. Why am I saying everything in past tense? Because about a week ago I killed them! I was soldering in the shack building a interface for digital modes when i accidently placed the wires from the 'phones directly on my HOT, HOT, soldering iron!! Now I have to get a new set. I cant see the tiny wires in the cord to rewire the phones...... ARGH!