Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | WT9H Dual Band PVC J-Pole Help

Reviews Summary for WT9H Dual Band PVC J-Pole
WT9H Dual Band PVC J-Pole Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $35.00
Description: 2 meter and 440 mhz dual band J-Pole antenna. Base or portable.
More info: http://www.alanmarcum.com/jpoles/jpole.html

You can write your own review of the WT9H Dual Band PVC J-Pole.

KC9GMX Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2010 02:59 Send this review to a friend
MADE in the US  Time owned: more than 12 months
No corporate profits at stake. These guys go out of their way to EARN their money by building and selling these fine antennas. If the customer is not happy, they really care.
I bought one, and a few months later, they were happy to make a special order for a non ham project.
I own the dual band jpole and a 440 only mono band. Both work great. I love that they are light weight. Makes for good "go kit" or when our club has a booth at the local festivals and fairs.

N1UMJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2010 16:34 Send this review to a friend
good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the 220 version of this for a few years nwo and liked it hanging in the attic. I moved in to an apartment and wanted something low profile for 2 meters and 440. I thought of these antennas with the end caps great for holding a rope so I put mine up about 45-50 feet in a tree, ran the coax amidst the cable wires and whatnot along the side of the house and the only oen who knows it's there now is me. good SWR on 2 meters and 440 just as advertised and I'd say it performs at least as well as what I had at my old QTH which cost 5 or 6 times as much. I'm not big on 2 meters and 440, but like to have it for RACES and ARES as well as some NTS and skywarn and when ever it might be needed and this certainly gets the job done better than I planned on. I have a second one going up in another tree for packet, for the money, you can't go wrong and you can't even tell this antenna's in that tree. Landlord said go ahead but I didn't want to deal with neighbors, they'll never find it and I'm getting out as well as I ever did. Well worth the money, what a deal.

WA3JZN Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 09:29 Send this review to a friend
You can't afford NOT to buy this antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This just may be one of the best values out there...
This is not a miracle antenna. It's a J-pole. A dual band J-pole. It's not going to take your peanut whistle HT and turn it into a big gun NCS. But it does do what a good J-pole should. Properly mounted, inside from the rafters or outside from the balcony or chimney, it may just be what you've been needing to get into the county RACES net with a Q5 for a change. For that matter, consider getting a second one for your "Go Kit". It's rugged and, at less than 55", easily packable.
And think about this... to have a trusted ham:
a) Research, select and tweak a design.
b) Specify, obtain, measure and cut all the materials.
c) Assemble, tune, inspect, pack and ship.
And all for $30 bucks!?! You can't afford NOT to buy this antenna!
Geg

N4EDH Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2009 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Improvement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took a chance on one of these, advertised on ebay for $29.95, based on a lot of positive ebay feedback. This is a very nice J-Pole for the money. They have improved the build quality and it works very well. For someone without the experience to build one, it would be hard to go wrong with this one.

KB5WVK Rating: 2/5 Apr 14, 2009 23:29 Send this review to a friend
Nothing Special  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Helped a buddy of mine that just got his ticket put one up. It had poor SWR when we first checked it. I decided to take it apart. It is a basic J-pole. The top of the antenna was fastened to the PVC cap via kite string, which had broken. After reconnection the wire inside with a zip tie, it tested flat SWR on 2m and 440. Worth the $30, but think MFJ, you better check it inside and out! On the current listing it mentions "The antenna is not made with TV twin lead or coax." Which is true, but it IS made with 450 ohm ladder line!
By the time you get it apart, inspect it and repair it, you could have just built one.