Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | W2ENY Headset Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Headset
W2ENY Headset Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: Noise canceling element works great on my 756PROII, lightweight and good sound. Excellent reports!!
More info: http://www.w2eny.com

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Headset.

WA2YLY Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the headset and had a problem right out of the box.Contacted Bob and within an hour he shipped me another headset.Headset works as advertised on my Icom 7100. Great service and I would order again from him.

W8EZI Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2016 16:04 Send this review to a friend
amazing for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this headset with intention of finding out if I liked that style of operation. I have never owned a headset for amateur operation. I intended to buy an expensive Heil headset (pro7) if I like operating that way. Initially I got poor audio reports. I had set my parametric equalizer in my FTDX3000 for operating a D104. I adjusted that equalizer to get good sound audio from the W2ENY headset mic. Everyone gives me great reports now.

The headset is light and presses very lightly on my ears. It does not cause fatigue. It turns out that I like using a headset for operating. I cannot bring myself to buy a Heil headset because this dang thing for 50 bucks works so damn well. I even talked to another ham who said he quit using his Heil headset because of fatigue and the mic cord broke internally. He just threw it in a junk pile. That is some expensive junk, at least to me.

I will keep this headset and continue using it daily. I am amazed that W2ENY could put something together like this for such a low price. I will admit that it is quite light and feels "cheap". However, it works incredibly well. From my perspective, if you have never tried operating with a headset, this is the way to go to try out this idea. I use VOX and it makes a very easy style of operation.

Buy one, risk a whole 50 bucks to see how it works. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

I will come back and post here if I have trouble later on down the road.

KH6CT Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2015 08:03 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect set of headphones and mic for my use. Lightweight for comfort yet structurally sound. Performance is great also... Superior audio reports from other stations and the receive spectrum makes the listening easy.
Not only is the headset the best, so is Bob's customer service and communication. This is the second product I've ordered from Bob. On both, I wanted something slightly different, and after a little description from me, the headset and the desk mic arrived promptly, modified just to suit my particular need. Bob has Customer Service figured out perfectly. Sure I'll be another repeat customer.

W7UUU Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2015 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Great performance and great value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great headset setup for the price! I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when I bought it, but a great many QSOs later on my FT-950 and TS-440s have completely dispelled that. I've made the point of asking for audio reports at every chance and have had nothing but great responses. And it has a good edge in DXing and contests - I seem to break through a LOT more often than I did before using the stock mic. I also bought the PTT and foot switch. The PTT hand control is nice - the foot switch a bit on the flimsy side I suppose but the price was great on the whole system.

Full 5 stars - I'm very pleased with the whole system and with Robert's speedy responses and shipping.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 09:05 Send this review to a friend
More Reliable Than My Heil BM-5  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had no problems with the headset or adapter in use with my Kenwood TS2000(X) and FT-100D. In fact, my Heil BM-5 had the bracket that holds the shaft of the boom mike to the earpiece break in the first three months of use necessitating a replacement. Later, the wiring to the boom mike became intermittent. At that point, the unit was broken down for parts.

AK4SK Rating: 2/5 Sep 10, 2013 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Just Buy the Adapter, Spend a Little More for a Better Headset  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a dual ear headset from W2ENY off of ebay in the late spring of 2012 for $40 if I remember correctly. It quit on me two days ago during a net after 15 months of light use in my shack. The first sign of trouble was that the received audio became intermittent and the next time I transmitted I received reports of an electrical sound in my transmission. I'm not sure what's wrong, but it's in the headset. No support or service is offered from W2ENY and to be fair none is promised when you buy his stuff. You're basically paying for an adapter for your particular radio and a cheap Labtec headset to go with it. The adapter is good enough quality for being hand made. I would buy one again but basically there is no other source for them for my radio so I don't have many options other than to make my own. My recommendation is to buy an adapter from wherever if you need it and then buy a better quality headset that will last.

W6USC Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2010 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Headset and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this headset and I am very pleased with it. Bob is very fast to reply to questions and provides quality products and service. The headset sounds great on the air! Ive ordered one for my Yaesu 857D Had a Problem with the Modular Connector For My Icom 706MKIIG and in a few Hours i got a response for a replacement NOW THATS SERVICE THANKS BOB
The Push To Talk Switch is great and has a nice feel to it also HIGHLY RECOMENDED

KG3V Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2010 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Great audio, low price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this as a low-cost headset for my Icom IC-7000 for contests. In my first tests I had two QSOs and both raved about the audio, asking what I was using. Pleasant surprise. I'm glad I didn't spend big bucks now.

I rarely give a "5" but what more could I ask?

KC9CUK Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 17:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT HEADSET  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of the dual ear headsets from Bob and all I can say is wow, This is the best audio for the money period. This headset gets better audio reports then my heil travaler, gm-5 goldline and mc-60 desk mic. I am active from 160m-70cm if you would like to hear it on the air email me and I will demo it for you. I use it on the ts-2000, ts-790a, tm-v71a and my ft-736r with a adapter works great. The headset is not comercial quality but is noce for the money. One last note the handheld push to talk is way to hard to push to make it practical for long time use but that might just be me. TRY ONE AND YOU WILL LOVE IT

K6HR Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2009 18:07 Send this review to a friend