Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | W2ENY Headset Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Headset
W2ENY Headset Reviews: 28 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: Noise canceling element works great on my 756PROII, lightweight and good sound. Excellent reports!!
More info: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3rys4//headset_icom/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Headset.

W0CBF Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2009 09:31 Send this review to a friend
A great value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't write too many reviews but I really felt that I should write one for this headset from W2ENY. I purchased it off of eBay kinda on a whim. I didn't think that it would work very well but the price was right and I figured that the headphones and the boom was worth the price alone. Boy oh boy was I wrong, it works GREAT! I have received many compliments on the sound quality and I am very satisfied. Its not a Heil but because of the price a Heil product is out of the question. Also from the eBay purchase W2ENY wanted to know what type of rig I was going to use it on and I said a Yaesu FT-840. Well he had to include a small battery pack (2 AAA batteries) for the microphone element which he did at no additional cost. Stop reading right now and go purchase one of these, you won't be sorry. From the sound of the other reviews he really has a hit on his hands. Thanks for reading and especially thanks to W2ENY.

KA2OVK Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2009 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Good reports at a fraction of other headsets!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Now adding a Yaesu FT-920 in the shack and Icom 706 in the car, this guy has it all connected! Never a bad report, Premium set works great with the 920, lots of DX worked in the car with the single ear model - Very Good Deal, even the foot switch!! Thanks, this is his website - http://members.fortunecity.com/w2eny/

N2GOK Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2009 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Happy Operator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just receive my preium headset and am very please with both it's audio quality and price.
My Ft-920 seems to come to life with the headset and after a simple eq adjustment, I manage to cut throught most pile ups.
Bob is on to something good.

WJ1X Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Great RX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered on Sunday by eMail and received Wednesday very well packed Hooked up to 746Pro and called for contacts at 100 watts and had to cut back to 60 watts because my signal punch was to strong, Got all great reports at 60 watts.
Have used a lot of earphones before and always had a sore ear from weight of phones= these two earphones weighing nothing and were very comfortable. The quality of incoming voices were just great/best ever. Set the phones up on the TX and adjusted volume and unhooked the speaker as it couldn't match this setup. Now I'm happy.
Thanks Bob for VERY fast service.
John Berg WJ1X

WV4L Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2009 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Great product and good value.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Only had my mono-rail headset for about a week but it works great and I get excellent audio reports. I ordered the mono-rail due to the legal requirement of having one ear open while driving. I ordered two adapters, one for my mobile (IC706MKIIG) and one for base (Kenwood TS2000) and it works great on both rigs. Once you get the settings on the rigs dialed in you are good to go. I keep the mobile set on VOX for hands free operation and switch between VOX and a PTT on base. Be advised, don't put the mike too close to your mouth, you don't need to.

K4DZR Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2008 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased from Bob. Fast delivery. I have the two earpiece "premium" model and I am very pleased. I Was wondering if the microphone arm was positioned in front far enough for good voice pick up. Yes it is! It drives my Orion with lots of punch. Audio reports have been excellent from many stations and I'm doing well breaking pile ups on 20. It is lightweight and the earphones deliver great RX audio. It really brings the Orion's "panoramic stereo" feature to life. I can spend the money I saved not buying a "big name brand" for another station accessory.
If your looking for the convenience of a headset/microphone, you will like this one.

73, Jerry K4DZR

W4DDR Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product, Great Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using the W2ENY headset on my Icom 756 Pro III and it works great. It is very lightweight and the over-the-ears design is very comfortable to wear. Plenty of good clean sound in the earphones and nothing but good audio reports on the mic.

Friends used to hearing me on the air said there was plenty of audio and it was well-rounded with a good balance of highs and lows. It easily drives my radio to full output. In fact, I did not need to adjust my audio gain at all from the setting I was already using for the stock hand mic. (9 O'clock position).

One thing to note concerns the Heil footswitch I am using the headset with. It was necessary to purchase an adapter to connect the 1/4 inch Heil footswitch plug to the 1/8 inch PTT jack on the headset. No big deal, but I found that even though the 1/4 inch Heil plug was a mono, it required a stereo adapter to make the proper connection.

This is definitely a useful and cost-effective addition to any station. It took about a week to arrive after placing the order and was well-packed for shipping.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent reports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the W2ENY Headset boom mic this morning, and quickly connected it to my FT-1000MP MK V, found Jim VK7OW S9+, so decided to get his opinion as he has been around since dot, I was comparing the W2ENY to my OTHER headset, and Handi Mic , the reports were quite flattering really, I was very impressed, because I didn't have to ALTER one single setting on the MK V to achive the exact same power out etc, the bulk of the reports were in favor of the W2ENY, with More guts, more round, more natural audio, I am a happy chappy
Thanks Bob.
Rgds
Dennis VK4SX

AA4XX Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2008 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the W2ENY headset (one earpiece) with my Argonaut II and Argo V for several contests (CQ WW, ARRL DX, ARCI SSB Sprint, NC QSO Party), and the results have been quite positive. The mic drives my rigs to full pwr output with no problems, and the stns on the other end always say the audio quality is excellent.

I recently purchased an additional headset for my FT-817 (2 earpieces), and this headset also provides excellent rx and tx audio.

As a bonus, I found that I can use either headset with any of the three rigs mentioned above by using the appropriate mic patch cable for each rig. (The Argo II and Argo V use the same mic patch cable).

The W2ENY headsets are an excellent value for the money.

G7TPL Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2008 06:02 Send this review to a friend
superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ordered a set for my IC746,and a set for the FT857d. superfast delivery from the states,very well packed(good job too,cos the box was all bashed in!!).
initial reports were very good,the audio easily loud enough to drive the 746,a good opening on 6m brought some nice unbiased reports.
on the 857d,on FM the audio had to be turned down in the menu,from 60 for the stock mic,to 10(yes,TEN)for the W2ENY.
equally impressive audio reports,on all modes.
light and comfortable,had these on for an hour with no discomfort at all.
Bob answered all my emails promptly.
I would not hesitate to recommend these to anyone!!
thanks,Bob!