Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP
N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $see website for prices
Description: This is the qrp version of the ZN series paddles. It offers the same quality components in a small package. The base measures 2" x 2".
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP.

VE3HG Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2017 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Great QRP Paddles  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
N3ZN donated the ZN-QRP paddles that I won at the Four Days In May QRP dinner in Dayton this year and I've waited until now to do my review. Rock solid, heavyweight but with delightfully light touch the ZN-QRP paddles are an excellent addition to my shack. I've got paddles from all the big names and here's how you tell if you got your money's worth. Hook your paddles up to a CW reader and start sending from your normal speed to as fast as you can go and check which set of paddles made the fewest errors. IMHO you'll find the N3ZN ZN-QRP paddles on a par with the big boys. This is a huge accomplishment and means better CW from you at your normal speed. Highly recommended and many thanks to N3ZN for his generous support of the QRP and CW communities.

VR2YAL Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2017 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic key with build quality second to none  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received this key in the mail. Upon opening, I was delighted at just how well packed the key is - absolutely no chance of shipping damage. Shipping to my QTH in Hong Kong was fast too!

Taking the key out of the box, I could feel and sense just how well it's made. Like a finely machined piece of industrial art. Like others have said before me, you just don't even want to take it out of the box to use it! Although small, it's got some heft to it so no chance of it moving on the desk. The screws for adjusting magnetic resistance and contact points are not loose and retain their tension well.

Thanks so much Tony for making this lovely key and I look forward to many enjoyable years of making contacts on it.

KJ5XF Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 16:22 Send this review to a friend
REALLY like it!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 2nd N3ZN paddle. My first one is 10 years old (ZN-5A) and I decided that I wanted a small paddle which I could use with my QRP xcvrs when I decide to go portable. I have had this paddle for a couple of days and so far I am very impressed with the precision provided for both the contact and magnet tension. What also surprised me is that even though it is a small paddle, it is heavy enough that it stays put.

It was a seemless purchase and Tony keeps you informed along the way. If you have been on the fence, go for it! It's a nice key!!

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous Looks, Effortless Sending  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I previously owned a ZN-SLR and adored it. As my shack matured I found need for a smaller and lighter paddle but one that still possessed that "authority" I've come to associate with Tony's products. I asked for a 1" OTO and a bright yellow base and Tony built me a masterpiece. It's now my primary key for both portable and fixed station operations. The quality and workmanship are superb. As a bug operator, the one inch OTO feels just right and I have no problem at all using the paddle in non-iambic fashion.

AA4OO Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2016 06:00 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful and Functional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a wonderful paddle. It's size belies the fantastic feel of this key. It is tiny yet has the solidity of a much larger key. The T6 aluminum levers combined with the carbon fiber finger pieces provide for an extremely light touch. Adjustments are set and forget and don't require fiddling with a locking screw.

Tony's paint job on this little gem is fantastic as well. He used a metallic flake paint for the base, top plate and verticals that is subtle and rich.

You can get your station callsign engraved for no extra fee.

I'm super pleased.

My full review with lots of detailed photos is available at:

Rich AA4OO (previously KI4PBQ)

K4YND Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2015 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Stunning workmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 2nd N3ZN keyer. Decided to go with the QRP model to go with the K1 on camping/ field ops.
Bad news: this is a work of art and I doubt it will ever leave the shack. Good news: the base has not moved once since I have been operating. Customers service is the best.

I'm very pleased

Don

WA9PWP Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Precision workmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered online, picked up from Tony himself at 2013 Dayton Hamvention. Super precision workmanship and adjustments. Operates and looks great with my lil QRP rigs!

Paul WA9PWP

KM0U Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2014 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Fine Instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been looking at getting a new, smaller paddle for some time. I settled on the ZN-QRP from N3ZN. I am very happy with my choice. The order process was very simple - tell Tony what you want, respond to a few questions and he'll either pull one from his stock or he'll build you one. When your paddle is ready he sends an e-mail invoice - make your payment - and your new instrument is on-the-way to you. The package looks as if it could hold a full-sized rig - very secure with a double box, lots of foam and bubble wrap.
The paddle is beautifully made, the finish is superb and the carbon fiber finger pieces shimmer.
The function of this instrument is the best I've ever used, smooth and easily adjusted. The touch can be set to feather light and the operation is as smooth as the finest Kentucky bourbon.
Lastly, it is sold as "QRP" key but don't be fooled - this key can be used with any rig in any setting. There is enough weight that it will sit well without moving around the table and heavy enough to not be easily abused by heavy-handed ops.
Great product. great customer service, top quality build, and top functioning CW instrument. If you're looking for a paddle - checkout N3ZN's product line - great stuff.

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2014 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect feel, impeccable workmanship. Extremely heavy base for a 'QRP' key...it will surprise you! Magnetic tension adjustment is super duper...as is the contact spacing. Mine is Sunburst Yellow...stunning!

Paddle was packed with the utmost care and delivered on time for Christmas.

Very reasonable price and great value for a work of art!

73 John K7FD

SQ8LUV Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2014 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome paddles!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What to say.. I used different single lever and dual paddles including touch paddles and that key is absolutely outstanding.. I can set up very light touch and feeling is so friendly and pleasant.
It's so easy to operate it as well 25 wpm as 50 wpm, and handcraft is amazing!

Thanks Tony!