Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP
N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $see website for prices
Description: This is the qrp version of the ZN series paddles. It offers the same quality components in a small package. The base measures 2" x 2".
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-QRP.

VK3CWB Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2013 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Perfect and Flawless!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ZN-QRP is yet another amazing piece of workmanship.
This key was ordered as per color and OTO specifications to my taste. Tony is very helpful with getting it right.

It works flawlessly, is smooth as silk, and like its big brother can be adjusted to be feather light.

This iambic key has enough weight that it does not move around on the table. This is due to the fact that it can be finely adjusted for very close contact, and can be made to respond to very light touch. It has no contact bounce, and no false characters resulting from oppositional paddle inertia.
This is another brilliant key made by Tony!
My only problem is that it's too good to take into the field!
I've stated this before..Tony's keys are; "Simply Brilliant!"
Maurie
VK3CWB.

JG3TSX Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2012 04:35 Send this review to a friend
Splendid key!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
There is many it all over the world; is keyed.
I came across ZN-QRP during a search in a net.
The design is good, and I am small, and QRP is good for me who do mainly it.
I made an order at once and obtained it.
I use it and am a splendid key touch.
It is easy to work as key Inge very much.
And it is order in the second unit of different colors.
It is a key splendid both.
I can come across this key and am happy.
Very small.
It is good not to take the place either.

KS4RT Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2010 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent For QRP (QRO too!)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not a gambler! So it took months for me to finally decided to purchase Serial #15 of Model ZN-QRP. Words will never describe the fine touch of this key, anyone who loves the touch of a very fine key, espcially QRP, should buy this key. Tony has the best guarantee in the business, but everyone I know have enjoyed their key so much, they would not dream of sending it back to him.

The best CW hams in the business have praised his keys. I first became a ham back in 1972, so my recommendation will not carry a fraction of the weight of the recommendations of K4TWJ or K7QO, but I am certain it has to be one of the world's best QRP keys.

K4RIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2009 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Very Cool, and Handles Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a rather lengthy read, but worth the read if you are considering a purchase.

I've had the ZN-QRP about a month now and it handles exactly like it's bigger brother (the ZN-9A), which I also have. Only difference between the two keys is the size of the base. The ZN-QRP has a smaller base, but the performance is identical to the 9A, Fantastic!

I purchased it especially for my QRP outings because of it's smaller size, but I've also been using it in the shack because of it's "coolness factor", and it is a pleasure to use. Even when I'm not actually using it, it's a nice piece of "eye candy" that's been getting a lot of compliments from visitors.

The ZN-QRP would definitely be good in a shack where you might have a crowded operating position. Takes up less space, but you sacrifice only base size and a little weight, but not performance. It stays put really well even with the smaller base, and it's smooth action and precision adjustments make it a pleasure to use.

You might note that although it stays put really well for me, if you have a heavy fist and like slapping the levers pretty hard, you might want to go for a model with a heavier base. I prefer lite to medium action/tension, and close contact spacing, so the ZN-QRP stays put and does not move at all when I'm using it.

It's very obvious that Tony (n3zn) takes great pride in building these Beautiful keys. He also takes great pride in packing his keys for shipment. I wouldn't worry about receiving a damaged item. You have to see the way he packs for shipping to believe it. Top notch all the way from materials, assembly to shipping.

I'm sold on N3ZN keys. In fact I have a third N3ZN Key currently on the build list. I'll post a review on the ZN-SL1B (Single Lever Paddle) in the future, after I've received it and put it through it's paces. 73, de w2rst dit dit

AB3CV Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2009 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Very nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my ZN-QRP paddle and after 3 days practice I'm very impressed. The 10-56 screws with their drag loads make for very precise and stable adjustments. The magnetic return combined with the ball bearings result in a precise and lively feel.

The weight is 19oz and since I'm cultivating a light touch it is very stable on its four grommet feet. I think you'd really have to whack it to get it to move. The finger pieces swoop down to within 1/2" of the table top.

Machining is very nicely done and it comes already wired which is a nice touch. I wouldn't change a thing and am looking forward to a lot of use of this beauty.

Well worth the price. Now to get my code speed up!

jim ab3cv

K6DBG Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2008 16:38 Send this review to a friend
Great key if you like a light touch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had s/n 9 sitting next to my Begali Magnetic Classic for about 6 weeks now. The ordering process was smooth; I had to wait about two weeks and Tony kept in touch the whole time.

If Begali is the Ferrari of keys, I'd say that N3ZN is building the Lotus of keys: high performance, attractive with minimal flash, requiring a deft touch, very rewarding.

Like some other 'QRP' products, this key is small only in size, not performance. It's extremely precise, with no vertical motion on the shafts at all. It can be adjusted to an even smaller gap than the Begali - so with the short arm geometry and the carbon fiber fingerpieces, you can run this thing like a capacitive touch paddle!

The QRP version has the exact same mechanism as the other (four bearing) models, but a smaller and shorter base. It's small enough that it fits under my K2, which is great for my restricted space station.

It's not for everyone. If you are used to slapping around a bug, you won't like this key. If you have (or can acquire) a light touch, this will be a favorite.

K9YEQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2008 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding miniature  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is just what I had hoped for. It's diminutive size and outstanding quality were just what I was looking for in a portable key. I have been using it alongside my Begali Travellor light. It actually feels heavier and is less than half the size.

Adjustments are simple. I love the way magnetic keys work and this one is no expception. After having owned and used the old mechanicals and spring mechanisms this one is a pleasure to add to my key arsenal. It is less than half the expense of the Begali, and I am very impressed with the service and speed that Tony completed the job. It was ready right out of the box and plugged it right into the K2.

Paddle height is just right for me and the spacing is just over 5/8". The heavy base is set on rubber grommet type feet which grip my oak desktop so it stays put. The rounder edges of paddles themselves make for a good fingering feel.

This solid key will hold up to plenty of use and should travel well with my portable radios. Now to sell some of my others!

AG5I_DOUG Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2008 06:46 Send this review to a friend
It's a Homerun!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried numerous smaller keys for dedicated QRP always with mixed results...fortunately my search is over. This key is super. The size, it's feel and responsiveness are excellent...

Add to its performance, the professional manner that Tony shepards the entire ordering, shipping and communications throughout and you have a truly refreshing experience..TU

Lastly,all his keys come wired, another nice touch...really nice to unpack, plug in and send to your hearts content.

K4TWJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2008 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Impressive, best handling miniature  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using your new QRP paddle for several days now and must say it is the most impressive looking, smooth acting and best handling miniature I have used in many moons. It's a gem! The brass finish looks superb and
adding a lacquer coating so it does not tarnish with age is a clever idea. Unlike most magnetically tensioned paddles that have a flat feel, your paddle has excellent snap action. Also, the adjustments give full range to
mate feel with one's fist. In fact, it operates so smooth that I can send good CW with either hand. It's a gem! Compliments to you on producing a masterpiece!

Dave, K4TWJ

F6EOS Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2008 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A small paddle with great performances !
The ZN-QRP is precision and quality workmanship.
Dealing with Tony is an pleasure.
73 Serge F6EOS