Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | WEP-12 VHF/UHF BNC Flexirod HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for WEP-12 VHF/UHF BNC Flexirod HT Antenna
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: Long, skinny, black, flexible, HT VHF/UHF BNC antenna with unknown power rating.

You can write your own review of the WEP-12 VHF/UHF BNC Flexirod HT Antenna.

VE9MDB Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2008 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for hiking  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am absolutely satisfied with this antenna. I sometime wear it as portable but it is more likely to be use in area where you have to reach repeaters far away. It has some gain, but I don't know how much.

One thing interesting is when you use it in cold weather ( under -10 degrees ), when you fold it, it stay fold. It take the figure you give to it! Absolutely flexible ! It come back straight as soon as you get over 0 degrees.

Ideal if you plan to go on mountain, forest or simply want to be sure to get on your local repeater without that background noise.
It is pretty long though... 18 inches.

KI4SDY Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2007 16:19 Send this review to a friend
GREAT HT ANTENNA!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked this antenna up at a hamfest for $18.00. It looks similar to others that appear with different brand names. Using five watts indoors with my VHF HT, I have hit repeaters up to 20 miles away and can reliably communicate with any repeaters in the area. It works great!

It is flexible, but I suspect it could be easily snapped in two with rough use. If I was wearing an HT I would use the rubber duck. Common sense applies here.

All in all a great HT antenna for the money with gain on UHF.